Weekend Eating Trip May19-20

You still haven’t given any recommendations.
And you don’t have to answer every post, if you don’t have any answer, it’s better to say nothing than remove all doubt.

But thanks, I guess…

And I won’t ask how you know about “Encore Motel”.

get a room on airbnb for like $75 a night and get omakase everyday w your savings

1 Like

Never done Airbnb, I’ll look into it. Any recommendation on location?
And where for omakase?
Thanks for the suggestion.

I’d recommend West Hollywood…Around like Melrose/Fairfax area…pretty central to everything.

Omakase: Shunji, Shibucho, Shiki

1 Like

And there is a Raku in Las Vegas.
This is getting comical.

If places like Holbox, Shunji or Aburiya Raku, Gjusta or Bavel aren’t in range of your home town, and if any of them interest you,

This is getting comical. I asked you to clarify. If you take this as criticism, Inquisition or trolling, your skin is far too thin to be participating in any public discourse.

4 Likes

Or sometimes, it’s just not worth it.
There’s a lot of lonely people on the internet. I’m not one of them.

Yep, and a blowhard Robert who loves to have the last word. I rejoice when he’s taken down @Smokeydoke. Air BnB is not a rec, it’s a website. Good luck and PM me with any help you need for accommodations.

1 Like

One caveat: I may be traveling alone, I’m not sure yet, so any solo-dining recommendations will be good too.

One is the loneliest number…

1 Like

Honestly, sometimes I don’t want other people interfering with the weird choices of food I want to eat. Although waiters will occasionally work very hard not to raise an eyebrow when I say, "Yes, I would like a kale salad, French fries, and an order of mashed potatoes.

4 Likes

It’s true. Vegas and Los Angeles have a lot of overlap. I second Republique (breakfast) and some Thai (check the expert recommendations upstream).

1 Like

bulavinaka = Robert?

That’s hilarious. Isn’t Robert the owner of the site? He made me New Poster of the Month!

Honestly Robert, if you want me posting, the less drama the better. But thanks for the love.

Thanks Bookwich. Lots of great recommendation here.

Actually he didn’t make you anything.

The site automatically tags you as such because you are, well, a new poster.

2 Likes

I like to stay in East Hollywood / Thai Town / Los Feliz. Near the 5, too.

Discourse just uses me as the sender of automatic emails I know nothing about. I should see if I can switch that to a service account.

I vote that @Smokeydoke keep the title. She’s pretty awesome so far.

Btw, I never got that title. :thinking:

1 Like

It was implemented as part of a Discourse software/site update back in April 2017.

You joined back in 2016.

So you weren’t eligible. By force of implementation, not contribution or ability.

Plus, that poster who has been banned under (at last count) 3 different user names received the “New Poster of the Month” badge … so take it for what it’s worth.

5 Likes

LOL. Thanks Bookwich. I remember you from Chowhound, you were on the COTM threads, right? Those were great when you were around. Now… not so much.

How about no titles? Let content speak for itself.

And while we’re at it; no drama, no crazies, no puppet accounts, no attention-whoring.

Hey, a poster can dream, right?