Weekend Run-Down (October 2015) - what did you have?

Glad you like the post - I think I will restart it every Monday if interest remains strong.

your post reminds me - it has been too long since I visited ink.

3 Likes

Looking forward to a report, CiaoBob!

I liked Masa. But once a year is enough for me.

Thursday night (because c’mon, the weekend starts on Thursday night, am I right?): Bazaar by Jose Andres at the SLS

Friday lunch: Char siu tsukemen at Tsujita LA

Friday night: Chef Perfecto Rocher’s Sunday Paella Pop-Up at Hinoki and the Bird

Saturday night: Animal

Saturday dessert: Honeymee

Sunday night: Halloween Burger, Burger King

6 Likes

Monday morning: green poop, toilet

5 Likes

Question: I read in an LA Times article from last mon that the paella is only available on Sun and Mon. Is he now making it more often, or were you doing some sort of private event? And, if you don’t mind sharing, what is the cost (since it’s not on the website)? Thanks. I have some anniversary planning to do. :smile:

That ham with those rolls and tomato jam is pretty addictive. So r the cotton candy pate sticks for me. Missing the chocolate mousse with choc covered pop rocks they used to serve. Not missing their nice cocktails.

JL is right - my operational definition of Weekend was narrow.

Thursday Dinner - Hatchet Hall
Really good. No pictures. Had a rye-forward Manhattan, beautiful ham and butter/rolls (I think Ladies Gunboat had similar), sardines, whole shrimp, salads, crispy sunchokes, octopus. Only the octopus wasn’t great - needed a better char.
Friday AM Breakfast at Henry Mayo Newhall Cafeteria

Surprisingly delicious chiliquiles and the best tater tots in town.

Sorry - better picture uploaded

1 Like

Oh, Olive View Medical Center used to have a version of chilaquiles that I used to love… It was one of the few things I liked about the place…

nice post…spent way too much time at the ray charles cafeteria at cedars…if you’re nice they’ll make u a pretty decent corned beef hash and eggs breakfast burrito.

@CiaoBob, thanks, LOL.

Were the Tater Tots potato-forward? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

what the fuck is a henry newhall cafeteria ???

is this the cafeteria in the new broad museum downtown ???

I haven’t had tater tots in fucking years.

1 Like

kevin ive been meaning to try the oxtail tater tots at belly and snout…

anyone check this spot out? oxtail chili dogs too.

Of all the hospitals I have worked at Henry Mayo has the best food, especially their Mexican food. They really let the cooks do what they do best: homemade salsas, tamales, chilequiles etc.

@Chowseeker1999 very potato-forward and grease-backward

while i hope I don’t have to visit there (not in medical field professionally), if i do i’ll remember you and ask for chilequiles!

Starting early, corned beef hash and Pimm’s cup at The Beachcomber.

4 Likes

CiaoBob is presumably referring to Henry Mayo Hospital in Newhall.

Starting the weekend right at Kingchops Irvine

Fried chicken and the very necessary steamed bamboo with pork.

3 Likes

Want me to “poop and tell”?

1 Like