Welcome to Food Talk Central

Thank you, Robert for providing the site and for the link to get here.

Great avatar, by the way (Kaonashi)!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m a huge Miyazaki/Ghibli fan.

1 Like

Thanks, Robert, for setting this up . . .

Cheers,
Jason (aka Zin1953)

Great to see you here @Jason. Looking forward to your posts on the booze board.

Robert…many thanks for being an oasis in the desert. Let us know if you need any help with maintaining the board. Happy to help.

1 Like

Thanks for this alternative as the new CH site is unbearable to me. I don’t know if others have seen it, but the East Bay Express (Oakland/Northern Calif) recently published an article about the site’s over-hall and what a disaster it is. http://www.eastbayexpress.com/oakland/chowhound-in-crisis/Content?oid=4508787 I was not a frequent poster on Ch, but a daily reader and really enjoyed learning from the posters on the CH site, especially the Home Cooking, Boston, Northern New England, Manhattan and DC boards. Grateful that folks are finding alternatives to the mess CH has become.

Thank you – been traveling for a bit, but I’ll definitely be around . . .

I wanted to thank you for providing an alternative to the mess that was made of chowhound, a site on whose Los Angeles (and international) contributors I depended for many years; these were contributors, known to me only by their user names, whose opinions, disagreements, tastes, viewpoints, sincerity and sense of humor I respected, and who seemed to have been devalued and pushed aside by ads and visual confusion on the hosting site. Though I wasn’t able to contribute my own writing during those years, these individuals made a significant contribution to my life by sharing their experiences. If any of you are reading this now, you can be sure that I am only one of a host of grateful readers, one who would like to thank all of you for your help in finding better and more interesting places to eat, both on the cheap and tasty and on the more expensive side. Now that more of my time is my own, I hope I can make a modest contribution of my own. But if for some reason I don’t ever write a single review, take a photo, or contribute a recipe, please accept this note of heartfelt thanks. The community you established, like all genuine communities, had an impact far beyond the boundaries you may have imagined delimiting your influence.

3 Likes

Excellent! I rarely posted to CH, but loved to browse and research–until the site overhaul. So count me in as another LA refugee!

2 Likes

It only took some time, but I found the alternative with familiar names. Thanks! I’m in!

Thanks Robert for providing a replace for Chowhounds. I’m so happy I’ve found you.
HBGigi

1 Like

Same here !

Seems cool here. Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome aboard. Delighted you joined us, @Sku.

Great to see some familiar folk here from CH loving the new site.

1 Like

Does FTC have a personal privacy policy? Everyone seems to these days. Opinion | I Have Updated My Personal Privacy Policy - The New York Times

Apparently we do. It’s the default for hosted Discourse, or the default at the time they created the site.

Thanks.