West Hollywood with Tweens?

Accompanying two tween girls to Duff’s Cakemix tomorrow. Any recs for Instagram friendly breakfasts and lunches in the area?

Hi @Bigmouth,

You might try Norah (here’s the FTC thread on our last visit), or Chef Cimarusti’s Connie & Ted’s.

1 Like

Catch
Dominique Ansel Bakery

3 Likes

If you want to double-up on the sugar, The Griddle Cafe would likely be a hit with tween girls. I loved going to Swingers Diner (near enough to WeHo) when I was a teen/early 20s. Still go once in awhile. :grin:

3 Likes

Mel’s Diner and that train-car hot dog place on Sunset are fun for youngsters. Unless you are trying to train their palates, of course. :wink:

1 Like

Carrera Cafe

Kaya Street Kitchen

Connie & Ted’s

1 Like

Sorry I missed this. I live 2 blocks from Duff’s. Crossroads is literally across the street from Duff’s and they do serve Sunday brunch. Plant based it is, but pretty darned good for what it is. Bao Dim Sum House on Beverly/Sweetzer is very close as well. Certainly not as good as what you are going to get in the SGV, but totally decent for the area.

1 Like

Terroni

2 Likes

Thanks all! The ladies were running late so we grabbed a quick breakfast at Carrera Cafe, which they loved. Only downer was the Pink Mural was being repainted (wut?) so they couldn’t take photos.

2 Likes

Crossroads is utter garbage to me. Offensive in every way. An insult to vegetarianism.

What did you have at Crossroads and what was bad about it? Just curious. I’ve only been there once and enjoyed my meal there.

1 Like

I tried 4 or 5 things on the table. Everything was stylized and without substance. Nothing delicious, no good combinations, very simple dishes still not executed right. There was nothing at all to be excited about there but i haven’t tried the burger everyone wants to talk about.

The menu was riddled with fake meat options rather than celebrating plant based foods. My lasagna was atrocious. Kid didn’t enjoy anything. We left hungry after a bill approaching 200 with some cocktails.

The whole place is a scene and is for people who don’t mind spending a lot of money just to be in the vegan scene. I don’t care what they do but I have an interest in food quality. Went back to confirm even but told my vegan pal that I wouldn’t return. We’ve eaten out 20 times since then.

1 Like

I totally get what you mean about Crossroads being a “scene.” Would I eat there again? Eh, maybe, but it’s not a place I ever feel like going to that often considering the wealth of vegetarian restaurants in LA that are better.

I don’t judge anyone at all for doing whatever they want. My friend has different priorities and budget than I do. I’d rather just go to non theme restaurants and order vegetarian when i don’t want meat. sorry to come on strong… we lived across the street for 10 years, saw it convert from Philippe

2 Likes