Westwood Village lunch options?

About $10.

1 Like

I’d like to take that class.

1 Like

@Bigmouth I go to the location in Cerritos. Their XLB dumplings are passable, at best. The rest of the dumping are good when pan-fried. I really enjoy the string beans cooked with garlic and black bean paste. The spicy pork spareribs are really good. I’m not a fan of the hot and sour soup.

1 Like

I was totally thinking, “How can @ipsedixit drop a little tidbit like that and then not divulge what class the blue face is teaching???” Inquiring minds do want to know…

Profess.

The string beans with garlic and black bean paste is the best thing I’ve tried at the Westwood branch, too. Unfortunately, I’ve had bad luck with the potstickers. Lots of reports here.

When I venture a bit south, I always hit up Fresh Corn Grill.

1 Like

Freeeeeeeeeeesh fresh corn grill.

1 Like

Tender Greens is opening on August 1 on Glendon

2 Likes

Someone signed me up for the friends and family deal today :tada:

@Ns1 PSA, 800Degree POTD increasing ~ 50% next week.

whomp whomp; guess it was bound to happen, $5 (DINE IN OR TAKEOUT!!!) was just outrageous.

i no longer work near an 800’ so I haven’t been in a long time.

Walking to the WW Trader Joe’s today: Garlo’s has closed and there is a sign up seeking a new lessee.

Garlo’s wasn’t that good the one time I tried it.

Went to 800 Deg on Fri for lunch, and the service was laughably bad (I’m thinking of contacting corporate). They now offer a sandwich (think of it a small, non-sealed calzone) w/ mozzarella, prosciutto, and perhaps tomato? Can’t remember exactly what was in mine. For unclear reasons, it took them so long to form the sandwich (how hard could it be???) that it ended up 3 orders behind my dining partner’s. The cashiers looked like they were totally overwhelmed and befuddled… even though there was no one in front of us waiting to pay by the time we got to the cashiers. One cashier couldn’t seem to figure out my dining partner should pay first or if she should wait until the pizza was ready (even though my friend asked). And then she ended up waiting so long that she had no choice but to ring up my friend b/c the pizza was done. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I paid, they allowed me to choose “no receipt”… which can potentially cause a problem if the employee’s supposed to check the receipt to allow the customer to pick up the order. Pizza crust looked slightly underdone. Caeser salad was a complete rip-off at $7 for a half size. The employee indifferently put some greens in a very small to-go container (even though I had told them we were dining in!) and then squirted the dressing into another container (I hadn’t asked them to separate the two). The to-go container wasn’t sufficiently large enough for me to add the dressing and then to toss the salad, resulting in me having to tolerate horrifically sour bites of overly dressed greens.

The medium sized sandwich + cheap-a$$ greens + soda was… $20 (!!!). Food was very mediocre and makes something Gjusta almost seem like a good deal, in comparison.

It also wasn’t busy, making the chaotic services even more inexcusable.

On the plus side, the service was at least indifferent to polite.

Will not be returning to the the Westwood branch.

4 Likes

Went to the Cava Grill on 2nd St in SaMo. For this style of fast casual pick your own toppings, meat, etc… Cava Grill was great. Much better than Chipotle. The sauces (tzatiki, hummus and feta) and proteins (chicken and falafel) were much more flavorful than I was expecting. I will definitely be back.

2 Likes

Kazu Nori is glorious but my god you can rack up an expensive lunch right quick

7 handrolls and a Sapporo, 45 bucks. I didn’t realize 7 handrolls was a heavy hitter order but everyone around me was ordering 3-4. Well I’m off to Lamonica’s for a post lunch snack now.

Lamonica’s

LOL WTF $6.08 for a single slice of pepperoni and a canned coke. Fine but prob won’t do that again.

1 Like

Drink water & you’ll cut your bill in half … amateur :expressionless:

2 Likes

How much are slices of pizza supposed to cost now? I’m lost because

1. I’m old and remember when slices in NYC cost $0.75
  2. Just came back from NYC and the cost for slices were $3 for cheese/$4 for pepperoni at Joe’s. Prince St pepperoni was $5. Scarr’s pepperoni was $4.50.

I wouldn’t have been mad at $6 for a Prince St slice but $6 for a slice and drink at Lamonicas, I haven’t felt this violated since Joe’s Hollywood. I can eat 2-3 Lamonica’s slices pretty easy so that would be $17 bucks or so if I wanted a full size lunch.

Just to clarify, comment was directed at your suspect ordering habits at KazuNori.

As for Lamonica, yeah too much $$$ for a slice. This is how I roll, plain $1 OTD.