Westwood Village lunch options?

I think they do one of the best pizza around. Waaaaaay better than 800 Degrees (which sucks).

That’s what Jim Harrick thought too. Frequent regular.

1 Like

Harrick said “its haaard [with a drawl]” to find a better pizza than Lamonicas.

1 Like

And it’s harder to find good dining companions for Monty’s.

1 Like

There is still a Monty’s in the Valley. I remember the one in Westwood. Liked their ribs.

And a meat pie tastes like a savory pastry while a burrito… does not.

I used to work on the same floor as Monty’s on Glendon. Needless to say my almost-daily lunches of that herb-stuffed bacon-wrapped giant shrimp in garlic-butter (Shrimp Monty’s) helped make me into the fatass that I am today.

just had dinner at fundamental and damn, i was impressed. we walked to diddy reese for dessert and it wasn’t a bad walk.

fundamental is doing some really good dishes. i’m hoping it gets better representation.

2 Likes

Good to hear that Fundamental is still humming along. Esp. after the departure of Philip Petty to open up Restauration.

Where is Restauration?

Long Beach.

They were really impressive on my visit. Strong dishes throughout. Fundamental should be on people’s radar

2 Likes

Poke Me today. Ugggh my Frankenstein creation had too much going on, feel dirty after finishing it :disappointed:

3 Likes

isn’t this a " build it yourself" kind of joint?

if so, then you could fix the problem next time by choosing fewer items? yes?
are you forced to order that many different items?

@westsidegal Yes, its a build your own joint.

One should exercise restraint when ordering… mine was the “Westside Flaming ICBM Bazooka T-Rex roll” equivalent.

1 Like

you may not have liked your choices, but to ME they look dandy.
i will go there and shovel a bowl of that stuff into my mouth.

1 Like

Well, if you’re going to do that, make sure to save room and time to grab some gelato at Saffron down the street.

People rave about the saffron pistachio, but I lean towards ginger.

my #1 is always chocolate or some variation thereof. . .

Just a heads up that Cava Grill is reportedly opening up in WW Village this Thursday. I’ve really been looking forward to this place. Never tried the food, but I just love the concept. Basically, a Mediterranean Shophouse.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Cava…can’t wait for it to open. Should kill here.

1 Like