What do you crave at Gjelina?

Lamb
https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/uploads/short-url/dGb8J1zEP9CRZbQIwwYH53n1SHv.jpg

5 Likes

Gjelamb!

2 Likes

No prob. That’s me at least once a day… :frowning:

Here’s the problem with Milo and Olive’s pizza in a few pictures. Check out this meatball pizza I ordered the other day. On top, everything looks great, right?

But take a look at the underside. More pale and flaccid than a white nationalist’s wee wee. It’s also dusted with cornmeal, which throws off the taste, especially on a crust so thin.

Now, for comparison’s sake, here’s what the underside of a Gjelina pizza looks like.

10 Likes

Har!

I actually hadn’t noticed the cornmeal on M+O’s pizzas! Is it always dusted w/ that? I wonder if they’re just going for a “breadier” crust (which I don’t mind)?

1 Like

excited about a lunch rez coming up this weekend… wonder what i’ll eat. havent’ been there since the birthday dinner years back when they sat John Legend next to us while he was wooing Chrissy

4 Likes

Read that bread, smoked fish, prime rib sandwich, and carrot cake are still pretty good.

I don’t see prime rib or carrot cake on the menus.

https://gjelina.com/la/

Cornmeal under pizza crust is to help it slide off the paddle easier.

that’s gjusta, still pretty gjood

If you’re looking for someplace with rude service and nowhere to sit.

reservations

2 Likes

Thats a very pre-pandemic view point :man_shrugging: but I’m not going to try and convince you otherwise

1 Like

Oy, oy, oy!!! Thanks for catching that. Whoops.

Gjusta significantly expanded the patio seating during the pandemic and, as mentioned above, allows for reservations.

so yea we enjoyed it… was a lovely time… nice wines by the glass… great roasterd eggplant starter… very nice lamb sausage pizza… pork meatballs good, sauce great… she had a turkey sandwich… no idea how good that could be… overall i wasn’t wowed as dinners we had years back… maybe ordering problem or lunch options… actually had trouble finding something i wanted on a large menu. … it’s all too lunchy with salads sandwiches and pizzas…

3 Likes