What is your choice of grub before and after an event at these venues?

That time of the year is coming. What do you eat before and/or after…

Hollywood Bowl?
The Greek?
Wiltern?
Sunset Strip?
Staples/DTLA?
Dodger game?
UCB?
Other

2 Likes

I’ll throw Pantages in the mix. Going to see Book of Mormon in June.

Dodger game - Phillipe’s…hand’s down the only thing I want before a Dodger game is a double-dipped lamb with a light schmear of mustard, a pickle and some of their potato or mac salad. Perhaps some taquitos from Cielito Lindo down the street, too, if the mood strikes me…but always a stop to Phillipe’s.

Thanks for starting this post, @JeetKuneBao! I’m going to the Hollywood Bowl in June, so I’m interested to see where this goes.

2 Likes

Hollywood Bowl – we always bring a picnic and eat there. Easy things like roast chicken, charcuterie/cheese, some sort of salad, etc.

For Pantages, we usually end up at Cleo, Delphine, or Hungry Cat. Been wanting to try Birch though.

Dodger Stadium – Phillipes, but followed by a grilled Dodger Dog and garlic fries.

1 Like

Shake Shack is right up the street.

1 Like

Hollywood Bowl Lease Event Schedule:
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/series-detail/lease-events

Hollywood Bowl 2017 Schedule:
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/calendar-fullseason

Remember lease events no outside alcohol allowed in the Bowl.

Ya gotta have a drink at the Frolic Room!

1 Like

We probably will afterward.

Going this weekend to see Alton Brown. We picked Kali over Shake Shack and Sushi Gari. 3 very different choices but wanted to try Kali.

2 Likes

Great thread!

Hollywood Bowl - I eat there in the box, order from Lucques. I found last summer’s fare really wonderful, especially the great AOC Spanish Chicken.

Greek - Usually Fred 62

Wiltern - have yet to find someplace not Korean, but usually get Korean or sometimes Pollo a la Brasa and then drinks at Wiltern itself.

Strip - Tana’s

Staples - The Palm

Where to eat before the Santa Barbara Bowl? I’m going to Radiohead next month and usually just go to Hungry Cat, or get tacos, but anyone have a recommendation? SB Bowl has an amazing calendar this summer.

I dont’t know but I came in here to say the SB Bowl might be the best venue in all of SoCal (as long as you can live with the 10pm curfew).

Freebirds? lol

1 Like

Sushi of Gari

1 Like

The view @ sunset is amazing. I saw Sigur Ros there a couple of years ago and we ate at a nice place within walking distance of the train station, then drove to the Bowl.

1 Like

Hollywood Bowl?

• Providence or chi Spacca

The Greek?

• Home or Little Dom’s (will probably add Kismet after a few more visits)

Wiltern?

• Kang Ho-dong Baekjeong, Beer Belly or Jun Won

Staples/DTLA?

• Nest, Broken Spanish or Chicas Tacos

That show was amazing! Such a fantastic venue for them.

2 Likes

It was! Very magical.

Not to get too off topic—but they are a great band to see outdoors. I’ve also seen them @ the Hollywood Bowl twice----the first time, there was a guy sitting behind us that was SO moved that he was sobbing, not quiet sniffling but having a big emotional moment (granted, this might have been chemically induced or the music just touched him in a profound way).

1 Like

Way off topic, but their current, pared-down tour is phenomenal. I wonder what they’ll be doing for the three nights at the Disney…

The Chase on State in SB for their amazing calamari picatta with fettuccine Alfredo…they prepare the calamari and swear its close to abalone.
LOVE Radiohead!

Going to Hall & Oates with Tears for Fears in July…

For the Bowl, really like the picnic basket options from The Grill.

so do I……but tix sold out in the blink of an eye. :confused: