What’s your favorite new restaurant or old favorite rediscovered?

I need a place for a double date (not too loud where you can’t have a decent conversation). Preferably in the Beverly-Grove, Bev Hills, West Hollywood area. The man does not eat beef, pork or spicy, loves chicken (yep). The lady is a little glam, so nothing too hipster. To give you an example: They love Crustacean in B.H. (fave dishes? the lobster salad & garlic noodles). But I want them to get out of their comfort zone a bit. Thanks!

1 Like

i still like Osteria Mozza or Pizzeria Mozza

4 Likes

Me too! But they’ve been and want to go somewhere new or new to them. But aside from those 3 mentioned they haven’t been to most places.

1 Like

cal mare
tesse
the ponte
chi spacca
lucques
the district (never been)

2 Likes

Forgot to mention republique

3 Likes

Someone here didn’t agree but I had a great time at Marvin. Good youthful energy about the place and interesting wines.

Otherwise Lucques, Chi Spa, Norah, Wolf

2 Likes

Yah, I’m thinking about Republique. I will finally cross their threshold!

1 Like

republique will be loud, if you want a quieter table ask to be seated near the back or upstairs.

1 Like

aoc

6 Likes

Good one. Thanks.

Nice. 4 people will spend 500 with one of their cheaper bottles of wine. That’s without ordering their baller entree options with truffles or diamonds or whatnot

Yikes. Do they have a full bar? The guys will want old-fashions.

Yes. Your new total is 600

1 Like

Sounds like you need new friends :slight_smile:

I’d do Lucques. Great place if you want to actually hold a conversation. I take my Dad, who is a little hard of hearing, to Pacific Dining Car in santa monica. Even my vegetarian sister can find someone to eat and there is no noisy soundtrack to compete with.

2 Likes

Oh you, stop.

Republique used to make AMAZING old fashions but I hear their OG bartender left, so YMMV. And I would agree that you should plan on $100pp at Republique for food alone - and then assume each cocktail is $20 after t/t. So your total damage is directly related to how sloshed you want to get. I don’t drink much, but I have a hard time drinking less than 2 cocktails/visit because they’re so goddamn tasty.

2 Likes

Yum. :wink:

3 Likes

Yah the OG staff left, we didn’t recognize anyone the last 2 times at Republique, and the drinks were mediocre. :frowning:

Nice recommendations @PorkyBelly. Although did you read that Cal Mare’s chef left? I wonder how they’re food is nowadays?