What would you like to see food wise that does not exist in L.A?

The small farms that are so common throughout the areas on the outskirts of your fine town grow some great stuff. Have you had a shot at the peaches offered at the FMs?

Yes , but the best are growing in my friends yard .

1 Like

Jealous - very jealous…

Puerto Rican Lechon

6 Likes
  • Good Indian food beyond the borders of Artesia. Eater’s list just goes to show the dismal state of the Indian food scene in LA.

• Spanish tapas

1 Like

Ritter’s Steam Kettle type joint in LA proper.

That Eater list is a joke. There are some great Indian restaurants in the SFV, and once again, no SFV places were on their list. And the place that almost all Indians cater their food for weddings and other special events, Manohar’s Delhi Palace, is not even mentioned. Every Indian knows this place!

And, the pic they used for Rajdhani isn’t even a pic of the correct restaurant. The Rajdhani here doesn’t have a banquet room. When you click on the picture, it takes you to a restaurant named Rajdhani in New York!

1 Like

anyone doing chaat in the SFV? I’d kill a man for some good pani puri.

Good one!! Would love a nice and festive option with great sangria, octopus and patatas bravas.

1 Like

The list was compiled from suggestions from people who actually responded to the Eater forum topic so it’s a very small subset of LA area diners.

1 Like

Vaca is very good but its down in Costa Mesa near South Coast Plaza.

Go where all the Indians (including us) go - India Sweets and Spices in Canoga Park. Best chaat place in the Valley. the pani puri is good, but I’m partial to bhel puri. The dahi puri is also good.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot - I can only hope their pani puri (and hell, everything else) is better than the Los Feliz location.

Glad to hear that. My regular spot in the valley. Decent selection of rotis.

Any other places you recommend?

@Ns1 May I suggest a Canoga Park/Sherman way Bang Bang Saturday brunch/lunch

In chronological order

• Chicarron Man at Owensmouth and Sherman Way farmer’s market

• India Sweets and spices for Chana Batura, Pani/Dhahi puri & chai

• Finish with a light sushi lunch at Go’s

• Halo-Halo dessert to go at Nipa Hut for your ride back

1 Like

They are all franchises. The Canoga Park location runs circles around the Northridge location, IMO.

Their dosas are good too, as are the gobi (cauliflower) parathas and the mooli (white radish) parathas. The veg plate is a great bargain too. The Chana Batura is my daughter’s favorite. The kadhi chawal (a chickpea flour dumplings in a chickpea flour and yogurt sauce, served over rice) is very good too. It’s all homestyle food like one would make at home, as opposed to “formal” restaurant dishes like chicken tikka masala and dal makhani which most people don’t make at home regularly.

1 Like

Based on the trajectory of my bank account balance, I might have to swap that light sushi lunch @ Go’s with a filet o fish from McD. The first two are very doable though.

4 Likes

oh fuck.

:scream:

1 Like

India Sweets and Spices, Canoga Park (Vegetarian only)
Woodlands, Chatsworth (South Indian)
Delhi Palace, Canoga Park
Anarbagh, Woodland Hills
Taj of India, fka Kwality, Canoga Park

3 Likes

BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir has one of the tastiest samosa I have had in Los Angeles. The other food is rather ordinary to less than that.