What would you like to see food wise that does not exist in L.A?

I dunno - don’t buy them every day but I have before…feel free to call your local and ask em brotha

1 Like

Good German food. And a decent Cantonese restaurant that serves snakes.

some very tasty photos porthos!!! mmmmmm

Actually the bagels @ Sam’s on Larchmont are pretty good. They usually have a good texture and chew—but they are a bit too large in diameter imo.

I’m only into old school bagel flavors (don’t get me started on blueberry, jalepeno, sun dried tomatoes, sunflower seed, etc), so I usually get onion. But the everything, garlic and cheese bagels are very good too. I believe they have decent bialys also (they’ve been out the last couple of times I’ve been there, so I’m not sure if i’m imagining that or not :wink: )

1 Like

If anyone ever has a need for large quantities (10+ lbs., for example) of cheese curds, I can sell you some from our supplier from Wisconsin for special events. I sold 25 lbs. to a woman who wanted to serve Poutine at her wedding in Palm Springs!

But did I mention we cater too? :smile:

Yes! Cigalas!!!

And we need great pintxos here in L.A.

Where did you enjoy in Spain? I’m thinking of heading to San Sebastian next summer!

Are there other cities in the US that have lots of places doing better tasting menus for less than 100? Honest question, no snark intended.

Thre’s a new joint that’s supposedly Georgian in Glendale that doles out something called khipnapiliki (sp???), sort of like a huge oversized dumpling fucking filled to the gills with spiced minced lamb. me thinks.

1 Like

is bar pinxtos still around ??? not that it was supremely fucking authentic or anything but still…

i think the orgiinal chef was Joe Miller of Joe’s in Venice fame.

speaking of which, is Joe’s still somewhat decent, even going back 15 or so some odd years ago it was somewhat of a major player in town, but with i guess Gjelina and stuff of that fucking ilk maybe it ain’t what it used to be ???

Khinkali?? Old World restaurant? If this is the place I have it on my list. THANK YOU!! When I get there I’ll report back!

what are fucking cigalas ???

never heard of those.

I’ll see your khincali and raise you a manty.

You thought DTF wrappers were impressive. This is like 10x as big, just as thin, filled with beef or lamb and ample soup.

Yes, Bar Pintxos lives. But I’m talking about gorgeous San Sebastian-style bar-hopping & eating…

5 Likes

@J_L_,

Awesome! Once again, I’m living vicariously through your posts. :smile: Looks amazing.

wow. no words needed

I’m going to dive through the screen . Great pics .

Shenjian bao like Yang’s

Akutaq