What's cookin'?

1 pound bacon
Approx 32 slightly defrosted tots (so toothpick goes in easier)

Cut bacon into half pieces, wrap each tot and secure with toothpick seam-side down.

Bake @ 425 for 20-25 minutes.

You can sprinkle with cheese when they come out of the oven, and I usually make a dip of sour cream and chives. Enjoy :christmas_tree:

I haven’t thought about nutritional yeast in ages, maybe not since I went through an Adelle Davis phase in my teens or early 20s. It has such a distinctive aroma.

It does, I like it on baked potatoes too.

Terviso, from the Roberta’s Cookbook.

Dress the terviso lightly with lemon juice, olive oil, and fish sauce. Wilt quickly is a pan, plate and garnish with a squeeze of lemon, blue cheese, and saba.

This was very good, but it didn’t need the blue cheese. And the fish sauce is a genius ingredient, it melded with the terviso beautifully.

I’ve been dreaming of rice pudding ever since having an insane rendition when we went to Paris last year. The place: Chez L’ami Jean. The riz au lait: a movement.

I found a recipe that touts its similarity to Chez L’am Jean’s, and @beam provided an awesome video of the pudding man himself making it. So I took the plunge, and overall, it turned out pretty goooood! The recipe is pretty involved, man. It took me a while. But in the end, it was worth it. Plus, I found that the recipe made more of the side sauces/brittle, so making another batch or two will be a lot quicker.

I need this in my life. Now.

Whipped cream rice pudding? Beautiful.

Scrambled eggs from Maust’s farm fresh eggs. :egg:

And that is how eggs should always be cooked. :trophy:

Pan-Roasted Baby Turnips with Their Greens & Chimichurri

Gjelina, page 175. This is so very, very good.

Except my husband doesn’t like that texture. Bigger things to disagree about. When he’s not around I have a raw egg over rice.

Isn’t that a Korean thing? I can do raw quail egg or duck yolk, but not raw chicken eggs.

I don’t remember where I learned about it. I get the (leftover) rice nice and hot, add some furikaki, soy sauce and sesame oil and then the egg. I’ve poached them also and liked that as well.

This looks really great. Have you made a lot of other dishes from the book?

I’ve been loving Mozza At Home. Over the weekend, made a coleslaw that was insane. So many herbs. It took a bit of prep, but it was awesome. Also made roasted tomatoes with garlic / thyme / rosemary olive oil yesterday that were choiceee. Forgot to take pictures though. Oops.

If the rice is steaming hot, the egg cooks about as much as if you soft-boiled it.

Japanese

Oh my, it’s actually a “dish.” :slight_smile: Not sure where I heard about it. Sam maybe. And I didn’t know about the beating of it. Mmm. Thanks for sharing.

HA! While looking for something else I came across this.

My CSA keeps sending red leaf lettuce (three heads, seriously?), so now, as soon as I get it, I wash, chop and stir-fry it.

Today I used it with fried noodles and I am happy to announce I have finally managed to make rice noodles that weren’t gummy.

I’ve had crunchy quinoa several times in restaurants and finally got around to trying it at home. I fried a cup of quinoa (cooked with 3 parts water to 2 parts quinoa) in 1-1/2 tablespoons of lard in a nonsstick pan on medium-high and then medium until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cooled off and it was nice in a beet and goat cheese salad with avocado and toasted pecans. You could substitute any high-smoke-point fat, for a vegetarian version I’d use rice bran oil.