What's cookin'?

Had intended to have this ahi as an app while some of the family was here this weekend. But didn’t. A little salad mix from Costco and it was a tasty dinner.

1 Like

Hey @Funtimes -
See, I do cook sometimes.

Organic Pasta w/Mushroom Medley, Sundried tomatoes, Spicy Chicken Sausage, Parmigiano Reggiano

4 Likes

Stir fried pork and vegetables.

2 Likes

Probably the best thing I’ve ever made:

(Brought it home from Lou Malnati’s in Chicago and heated it up in the oven.)

6 Likes

Talk to me about this please!

One of my I’m-alone-for-breakfast breakfasts.

2 Likes

Oh, it’s pizza. Thanks.

Ths is the kind of stuff that makes me feel like maybe I am a real cook.

Simmer oil with anise pods, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and Sichuan peppercorns for about thirty minutes, being careful not to burn the aromatics. Pour the hot oil into a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl of dried chili flakes. Season to taste.

4 Likes

I am not getting this one . I am looking at the spices you mentioned above . Is that a dish or a condiment ?:thinking:

It’s chili oil. Like you usually buy in a jar.

Have you tasted it yet???

Rock Star .

1 Like

Yes, I keep going in and dipping a spoon as it cools. it’s really pretty darn good.

The chili flakes were very fruity and mild, so it’s not super spicy, but the Sichuan peppercorns add a pleasant numbiness. But not over-the-top like real Sichuan restaurants.

It sounds terrific. I love Sichuan peppercorns!

1 Like

This looks glorious.

first asparagus of the season, roasted in chicken fat

3 Likes

Drool. When we lived in Oregon, once the ‘season’ began we’d go to our Saturday farmers’ market and stand in line to get ours. After having local and seasonal it’s hard to eat the other although I do find roasting to be effective.

1 Like

LUL. Yes, it’s pizza, but oh so much more. I was in Chicago and on the way to the airport, I picked it up and carried it on the plane. But like @robert linked to, you can also get 'em shipped frozen.

Maangchi’s bibimbap is a staple in our household, but this time I added Chinese smashed cucumbers. The cukes are even better with some layu/rayu added to it.

Thai tofu chicken from Spoon Fork Heart. The original recipe calls for chicken.

http://www.spoonforkheart.com/blog/thai-cashew-chicken-international-chicken-collaboration

5 Likes