What's cookin'?

I tend not to talk about my failures :slight_smile:

Hi -

[quote=“robert, post:619, topic:3429”]
This lunch is unlikely to be repeated:
[/quote]I’m not surprised. Those were some far out ingredients.

Thanks for sharing!

He really does

Ahem… cough. Where is @MaladyNelson? I’m checkin’ in here after a brief absence. While thrilled to find new additions - nice work @J_L - I am a little disturbed not to find a pretty photo from our resident lady. :confused: :disappointed:

Of whom are we referring?

@MaladyNelson. She’s been a little scarce. But I just knew I’d find something from her on this thread… not.

This Chinon doesn’t have enough methoxypyrazine for my taste and I have most of a case left, so what the hell.

braised pork two ways: chunks of meat fried with tomato and cilantro; broth with fresh onions, fresh garlic, bell peppers, Tokyo turnip greens, and white beans

2 Likes

roasted beets marinated with onion, Dijon, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and fresh dill, served with goat cheese and pepper

3 Likes

That’s funny

The bell peppers worked, I like the wine better. It’ll be even better when I can get local peppers at the farmers market, this one didn’t have much flavor or aroma.

I liked my wine better this weekend also . I ruined prime beef short ribs from Costco this weekend . Made them before . Different smoker with different results .

They look great. How long did you marinate/roast 'em?

Also, I’m direct message you my address if you want to get that wine off your hands :slight_smile:

Roasted whole 75 minutes, marinated overnight.

1 Like

Grilled lamb cut into lollipops with red currant jam , red wine , and butter sauce . White beans with , black pepper and bay leaf . Asparagus dressed with a little mayo , mustard , and red wine vinegar . Wine to drink . :wine_glass: Cheers .

5 Likes

Ooops on the big space above . Still figuring my phone out . LOL

1 Like

Leftover Esterhazy sauce mixed with leftover Spanish-ish red cabbage: fresh horseradish, sour cream, and smoked paprika is a good combination.

The other dish was supposed to be cacio e pepe scrambled eggs, but I need to try again with a lot more cheese.

5 Likes

The lamb looks awesome!

1 Like

This isn’t cooking but it really hit the spot. Trying to lose some weight so made this ham and cheese “sandwich” with a leaf of Romaine. Ham, cheese, tomato, etc. Wonderfully crunchy and good.

2 Likes

7 Likes