What's cookin'?

1 Like

Breakfast for dinner. Sausage patties, eggs over easy, toasted English muffin. With red wine…of course. Perfect.

Breakfast is in the morning. You’re having sausage and eggs for supper. With wine! :slight_smile:

I should have put it in quotes: “breakfast for dinner.” With wine :slight_smile:

ETA: We had chicken feet for real breakfast!

2 Likes

Tried out this Bo Luc Lac recipe:

Turned out pretty well. I used ribeye, and I was too lazy to go to the store and get watercress since I had everything else on hand so I just used green leaf lettuce instead.

I’m still looking for a Bo Luc Lac recipe that tastes like the one at Newport Seafood, though.

5 Likes

Andrea Nguyen is one of my cooking gods. I haven’t made this dish but she’s never led me astray.

https://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blog/2008/05/wok-seared-shak.html

2 Likes

You’re missing the secret ingredient, msg #MakesShitGreat

5 Likes

You’re right! Next time for sure!

1 Like

I hate when I try and make a salad and my kitchen makes this instead

14 Likes

I hate it when that happens…

1 Like

2 Likes

Good job @thechez5. Nice photo!

1 Like

Redundancy

More pictures of the same dish but with a runnier egg. I still haven’t found my pots (just shallow pans), so no boiling eggs yet. And I forgot to add that Fiddleheads should be par-boiled before sautéing or frying. I never thought I’d enjoy eating something that is normally found in a boutonniere at a “hamster” wedding.

Cute!

3 Likes

Broccoli Salad w/Avocado, Shallots & Sunflower Seeds

What I had on hand

Tajin gives a nice kick and adds some tartness when you don’t have any vinegar and your cousin has stolen your lemons.

5 Likes

I’ve wondered how Bo Luc Lac would taste using short rib instead of the traditional filet.

2 Likes

Shoot! Wrong thread. Damn it!

1 Like

Good question!

1 Like

asparagus, ripe bell pepper, and Pecorino Romano frittata

prep in search of a dish

5 Likes

Nice frittata

I’ve made this “crustless” quiche a gazillion times and a gazillion different ingredient combos.

1 Like