What's cookin'?

You have chickens!!!

My hen bring all the roosters to the yard, roosters to the yard, roosters to the yard…

(Yee Aye Yee Aye Oh…)

4 Likes

Lamb bacon is great

http://www.americanlamb.com/food-service/american-lamb-bacon/

There also other recipes

1 Like

4 Likes

Peas and mushrooms and what? Looks like a fave ‘melange.’

Basically Alfredo with peas and mushrooms. No pork as the second course was basically coda alla vaccinara.

1 Like

Haha… I once sang that little ditty about my mise en place. I ended up sleeping on the patio.

1 Like

Did someone mention peas?

Peruvian Chicken Soup - inspired by @Bookwich’s post. My motto is - why do scratch if there’s a good hack on the market? Well, that’s not really my motto, but…
Start

Reduced

Leftover Peruvian Chicken (pulled off the bone) from El Pollo Inka & Yellow & Green Aji Sauces from Chicken Shack (long story), Onion, Garlic, Peas, Celery, Leftover Rice & Basmati Rice (no quinoa yet), Sodium-free chicken broth, Packet of Concentrated Chicken Broth, Olive Oil, Lime, Sprinkle of Tajin, a little liver-y chicken treat folks call the Oyster - some might call it lazy chicken cleaning, I call it yumm.

Yellow Aji Sauce

Mixing Latin Food Metaphors?
The next day I added more Lime, a Tortilla & Sour Cream.

Husband said it was insane! :kissing_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

It looks insane…ly great!

2 Likes

Thanks!

As in I wish you lived next door and we could come for dinner.

1 Like

We’re leaving town tomorrow so trying to use up a few dribs and drabs of things in the fridge. A little ‘blob’ of bulk sausage, some mushrooms that Bob had sauteed in butter with garlic powder, s&p, maybe a tablespoon of Winnimere cheese (rind removed). With a piece of WF rosemary sourdough toast.

2 Likes

Whenever I have shrooms I always think dinner. Note to self - sautéed shrooms in cheesy omelette.

1 Like

Where are you & Bob off to?

I made a grilled cheese mushroom sandwich a while back. I used cheddar and Elsie Dee recommended Swiss.

4 Likes

The full recipe seems relatively easy, but I don’t know if it will compare to Chicken Shack’s delicious Aji Sauces. That reminds me, I need to do another edit. :blush:

Very nice

SF…for five nights!

1 Like

Fun. Are you going to Dragon Beaux?

We are!!! I’ve resisted for too long :slight_smile:

1 Like