What's cookin'?

@Emglow101, ???

pasta e ceci al rosmarino

1 Like

What kind of pasta please?

1 Like

Looks lovely!!!

Ditalini or something similar.

I’d wondered that. I have a box of ditalini and hadn’t considered what to do with it. Thanks.

I mainly use them with tomato and parsley sauce (just make a regular simple tomato sauce and simmer an entire bunch of Italian parsley in it).

1 Like

What do you do with the stems?

Another ‘melange.’

1 Like

The parsley stems? I make that dish when I have parsley that’s young and tender enough that I can just chop up the whole bunch.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking/hoping. Thanks as always.

Actually those were tubetti rigati. I use them interchangeably with ditalini and tubettini.

1 Like

Got those great red carrots again.

2 Likes

Slow cooker pork chop with onion gravy, egg noodles, haricots verts, toasted homemade bread.

2 Likes

Braised short ribs . With potato , carrot , garlic , onion , and wine .

2 Likes

This herb butter was really, REALLY good. I’m going to make a batch and freeze.

2 Likes

First cut at knocking off Trader Joe’s Chipotle Black Bean Dip, which is delicious but seems pretty expensive given the ingredients.

1 7-oz. can S&W organic black beans
1 6-oz. can Kirkland tomato paste
1 7-oz. can La Costeña chipotles in adobo sauce (or to taste)
1/2 small red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic

Drain the beans and reserve the liquid. Put the tomato paste, chipotles, and onion in the food processor. Press the garlic into the food processor. Process until a smooth paste. If too dry, add a little of the reserved bean liquid and process some more. Add the beans and process until smooth.

I liked this better than the TJ’s stuff but it’s so spicy that I’m probably the only person I know who would eat it. Half a can of chipotles might be about the same level of spiciness as TJ’s. If you used less chipotles you might want to add a little vinegar and adobo spices.

2 Likes

This isn’t really cooking but it sure was good. Luckily my chives and thyme have returned from winter hibernation. I doubled the amount of yogurt.

2 Likes

Tonight with avocado and panini-fied fresh baked bread.

2 Likes