What's for Dinner - Home Cooking Edition

We got back yesterday from a three day eating extravaganza in Vancouver! We had leftover dim sum and sweetbreads which were just too rich to be appealing. Made a fried egg sandwich with bacon, pre-sliced cheddar, cilantro and a fabulous butter we got at Granville Island. Made with butter, white wine, saffron, pernol, shallots, fresh garlic and pepper. On toasted sourdough. In the running for the best sandwich I’ve ever made. Really hit the spot And got a little more stuff out of the fridge.

I love this salad.

You can play around with it. Last night I made it with Japanese momotaro tomatoes, and tonight with meaty, little beefsteaks I nabbed at Gloria’s at Mar Vista Farmers’ Market. I’ve use basil instead of shiso, but really, shiso is key. I rarely add tofu, but that vinaigrette is really amazing with tomatoes.

1 Like

Made this a week or so back, but it’s probably the best dinner I’ve made at home. Both recipes from the Mozza At Home cookbook.

CHICKEN THIGHS W/ ITALIAN SAUSAGE & SPICY PEPPERS

Recipe and better picture here: Mozza At Home-Braised Chicken Thighs | Panini Girl

ROASTED CARROT AND WHEAT BERRY SALAD W/ DILL

Recipe here: Home cooking from Nancy Silverton

3 Likes