What's on your Thanksgiving Menu?

Awesome! Thank you!

I may use it to make shortbread - the recipe I have is just flour, sugar, butter. It’s already fab, but with amish butter? Ooooooo.

Looks fabulous @BradFord.

Elevated the traditionals and it’s quite swanky. What is “piccolo diavolo” (little devil)?

Thanks. “Piccolo Diavolo” is the name of a salami that’s basically traditional Tuscan finocchiona - lots of fennel (finocchio), Chianti, and black pepper. It’s actually not that spicy, but it’s quite bold and definitely a crowd-pleaser.

I’ve been meaning to tell @Emglow101 that my friend who lives near him said that Raley’s has a German butter that is the highest in butterfat. This woman knows her way around a kitchen so I trust her implicitly about such things :slight_smile:

Is it this one?

http://www.fondofoods.com/products/butter/butter.html
https://shop.raleys.com/shop/categories/122?page=2

It’s just over $5 for 8oz, whereas the Amish butter if $5 for a pound. And I can easily get it! So, I’m leaning towards the amish for the win.

Since we’re talking about butter, my current favorite is Finlandia – $5/lb at Sam’s Club. Excellent flavor.

I just sent her a note and will get back to you.

Ingredients

• 8 ounces burrata
  • 4 large heirloom tomatoes cut into wedges
  • 3 fuyu persimmons cut into wedges
  • 1/2 cup basil
  • 4 cups of chopped kale
  • Olive oil
  • Aged balsamic vinegar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

1. Dispose of kale in the trash
  2. Combine other ingredients and serve

STUFFING
(+ added chestnuts)

“On the first day, God created bread salad”

It’s funny (to me anyway) that they call it “stuffing” when it’s actually “dressing.” As in stuffed in a bird or cooked in a pan. (I’m from the South so it would be cornbread and of course Mother’s stock rather than chicken broth.)

I LOLed when reading your trash the kale.
Your plate is lovely. I never thought to have persimmons with burrata.

Did you find it at your Ray’s? My friend said she didn’t but maybe she only shops at Raleys.

Ralelys is in yreka about 35 miles away. I’ll check when I go there next week . None at Ray’s. Thanks

She retired in the last year or two as a free lance court reporter and I believe she worked in Yreka. Is Redding almost the same distance?

20 more miles to Redding. I go to yreka every couple weeks . Nice drive with minimal traffic

It’s the bee’s knees.

Me too. I luv this guy.

I wasn’t a kale fan until the Ceasar salad at Mozza (baby kale?), but I love your posts @PorkyBelly♥

Mozza makes a kale caesar salad? I might order that. Baby kale? Does that mean it’s fragile like arugula?

This was at Newport, and they switch up salads all the time. I think Nancy’s is the only regular. It had a texture heavier than arugula.