What's Really for Breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning... [

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/02/20/whats-really-for-breakfast-japanese-people-tell-us-what-they-usually-eat-each-morning-【photos】/

My tied-for-first favorite breakfast is Japanese breakfast at the Four Seasons hotels, or the Omni.

I wish I could find it in a restaurant.

Now you can. I would call ahead to confirm, they don’t always have it.

Their other dishes ain’t half bad either

You’re so nice, but I’m kind of hungry at 6:30 a.m. :slightly_frowning_face:

And, as an aside, may I just say, “breakfast for dinner” is the stupidest oxymoron ever. Just because you decide to eat eggs or pancakes or cereal for your evening meal, does not mean you are eating breakfast. You are eating breakfast FOODS for an evening meal. (Although, technically, dinner is a noontime meal.)

Growing up (in the South if that matters) “dinner” at midday was only on Sunday and the meal that evening was “supper.”

One of my favorite breakfasts is leftover rice, a raw egg, furikaki, a little soy sauce and drops of sesame oil.

1 Like

Are you talking traditional Japanese breakfast, e.g., mackeral, raw egg and natto on rice, etc.? If so, Fukagawa on Redondo Beach Blvd in Gardena has it.

4 Likes

One of my culinary goals this year: experiment with making ichiju-sansai by way of California. I will post a thread later with successful meals!

By the way, I-Naba Honolulu had ichiju-sansai breakfast, and it was not bad at all. I wonder if their Torrance branch does/will serve breakfast.

1 Like

You mean the Honolulu branch of the Torrance restaurant.

Inaba in Torrance has been open at least 15 years now.

Sure.