What's the Chowiest Mini Mall in Town?

I think it is hard to beat Alexandria Plaza in K*town.

Hangari
Sun Nong Dan
Mountain
Yangji Gamjatang
Paik’s Noodle
Blue
7-11

6 Likes

Chowy indeed. That 7-11 is da bomb.

Have you had the Big Bite?

Focus Plaza in San Gabriel

1 Like

Across the street is Gwang Yang too!

Maybe in China that’s a Mini Mall…not here!

1 Like

valley blvd from new to del mar is essentially one large mini mall. and you can proceed farther east all the way to the plaza that houses the san gabriel hilton.

i could go to the intersection of las tunas and mission for a week or two and not frequent the same place twice and have many a chow-worthy meal and also not order the same type of dish twice.

regardless, the mini-mall is likely to feature asian cuisine, and in the SGV, more likely to be pan-asian as korean & japanese restaurants have expanded looking specially to cater to chinese clientele; the sung nong dan in san gabriel has a number of waitstaff who speak mandarin. it caught me off guard listening to them converse amongst themselves in mandarin. and IIRC there’s a chinese magazine with a circulation of about 30,000 written exclusively in chinese - advertising nothing but japanese restaurants. and of course, you’ve got that enclave of chinese-vietnamese in the SGV as well. the intersection at mission & las tunas boasts shanghai (southern minitown & q/emperor kitchen), dalian (tasty noodle), taiwanese (golden leaf), korean (bonchon (sp?) chicken), japanese (benten (sp?) ramen) & vietnamese (golden deli & vietnam house) & i haven’t mentioned 101/luscious dumplings & hui tou xiang next door yet nor kingburg kitchen…

2 Likes

All of SoCal is one big mini-mall, then. #ifeellikeanoxymoron

4 Likes

or maybe just a regular moron?

any generalization fails to hold if you push it far enough.

Generalizing like osaka>tokyo?

2 Likes

if you want to go there, go there alone.

Better yet just have your friend go and then tell you all about it.

3 Likes

Carson x Western in Torrance

3 Likes

Yess. Though I also love Redondo Beach & Western in Gardena equally.

1 Like

What is located in this mini mall? @JeetKuneBao and @thechez5

Does anyone know why Musha closed? both locations? i know it’s been a while but i always liked it and still kinda sad it’s gone.

1 Like

i love Furaibo and Lee’s Tofu

1 Like

Carson & Western:

Mitsuwa
Hakata Ikkousha
Wadatsumi
Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong
Torihei
Bistro Beaux
85°
Chinchikurin
Mo-Mo Paradise
Nozomi
Matsui

It also used to have the wonderful Mindi’s Kitchen which closed last year and I’m still bitter about it. Also, Musha. RIP.

Redondo Beach & Western:

Furaibo
Kotohira
Lee’s Tofu
Pho So 1
Northern Cafe
Bowl Thai
Boiling Point
The Crab Shack
Yakiniku Housenka
Honeymee
Kiraku
Tampopo

I have no idea, but I’m sad about it, too. I loved their risotto in the cheese block no matter how gimmicky it probably was.

Same!

3 Likes

Musha closed?!? So sad death by cheese wheel