What's up with this thumbs up only shit?

Give me a thumbs down for fuck sake.
What is this shit? Facebook?

Workaround: When you see a post you donā€™t like, reply ā€œI donā€™t like this.ā€

1 Like

By default itā€™s a heart and I changed it to thumbs-up after people complained.

If you click the ā€¦ button you get the ā€œFlagā€ button to complain to the moderators.

The ā€œlikeā€ button serves fast and easy ā€œI agree.ā€ When you disagree with a post, a thumbs-down is probably too vague to be helpful to anyone.

Agree with the disagree comment. If someone is wrong or you have a different opinion, then speak up.

I made a comment about Porthos .And the shit hit the fan . I got quarantined because I didnā€™t like his comments . I just go easy now. Yes it is like Facebook .

In the old lingo, gotta be careful about differentiating between the Chow and the Chowhound. And not ā€˜yuckingā€™ someoneā€™s ā€˜yum.ā€™

2 Likes

4 Likes

This boardā€™s for talking about food. If you want to make rude remarks about other posters, try the Eater comments section.

3 Likes

Stop acting like a bunch of pussies and add a thumbs down please. Fucking no brainier.

Please see robertā€™s reply above.

It was one rude remark . That was it . Not multiple . Not against posters , plural . Sorry Robert Iā€™m just defending myself here .No hard feelings .

I have no control over the feature set. You could suggest it at meta.discourse.org but I think Jeff Atwoodā€™s about as likely to go for that as he is to add a bozofilter.

Its open source
You could easily add it

This is the hosted version. All customers get the same feature set. I donā€™t have time or interest in maintaining my own server, thatā€™s too much like what I do at work.

https://payments.discourse.org/buy/

1 Like

Itā€™s too bad you donā€™t give a shit

That post is the ultimate thumbs down

So we donā€™t have to thumbs up if we reply? Cool.

Which post was that? Iā€™m confused.

Thumbs down

Oh. Em. Gee. Type yer own thumbs downs. Donā€™t tell me you donā€™t have time!

2 Likes

You have no idea what youā€™re talking about.

2 Likes