What's your favorite thing or things in your kitchen?

What is it and WHAT Bourdain video? Please ?

@catholiver

WOW!!! What does one of these puppies cost??? Large # I’m betting.

$280, according to their website. Really nice product, but for that kind of money, my Lodge will do just fine.

Whew. Too rich for me. Speaking of Lodge, I cooked a piece of pork belly in my Lodge (350 for about an hour). Talk about seasoning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basic everyday stuff would be my sheet pans, tongs, and Y-peeler.

And I like the plain, ole aluminum (I guess) tongs with just the ‘ring’ that locks them.

Yep. I took a Thomas Keller Ad Hoc cooking class. The instructor said TK wants people to use spatulas and break themselves of the tong habit. I couldn’t do it.

Chopsticks. Just use chopsticks.

1 Like

LOL… That’s what my Auntie Yachi uses. But I’m not as good as her.

What’s wrong with tongs? Although I have multiple spatulas. @ipse I’m not sure I could turn a two pound piece of meat with chopsticks. Although I find I use them more and more.

:smile: Ahh but you see cat… They’re grilling thin slices of meat, flank cut short ribs and fast sautéing/frying veggies, gyoza and spring rolls (yes my auntie fries her spring rolls sometimes). They’re not working with big ole’ hunks of meat.

You need big chopsticks.

2 Likes

You let your dog lick the plates when you’re done?

LOL. Yes indeedy :slight_smile: LOL again!

1 Like

You are a much kinder human than me. :slight_smile:

Why? Elaborate please? As I said, she gets nothing that she shouldn’t have. And she’s old so I’m not killing her :slight_smile:

I don’t even allow my dog on the furniture. If she gets a bone or leftover rice or something, it goes in her bowl. I’m mean like that.

Okay, enough off topic. I just remembered how much I love my cherry-pitter. I know it’s a one-use gadget that I only use once a year, but I really, really love having it when I need it.

1 Like

My dogs have never been given bones. )

bleach spray

1 Like