Where should I go for my bday dinner?

I came up with the $20 pp estimate because of the original choice of Grimaldi’s and the subsequent few suggestions that would be WAY more expensive for the friend who needs to keep generous offer under control.

$30 - $40 Per person.

Grimaldi’s is expensive. The pizza starts out at $20 with no toppings, then each topping is like $2. I was thinking it could work because we only need two pizzas if that.

What is it?

Have been to Belle Vie on Wilshire in West LA? Their menu is conducive to sharing. $80 could get a nice meal for two. Drinks might put you over.

2 Likes

I have been to Bludso’s block to eat 20 times and never had to walk more than 2 blocks. Go side streets.

p.s… going there with several coworkers and cars today. who lives like this worried about parking?

2 Likes

I had no idea Grimaldi’s was that expensive.

Heads-up on the parking issue is very considerate of you.

1 Like

Those of us who have significant mobility issues or have family/loved ones w/ significant mobility issues? Not necessarily so much of a problem for places w/ valet, but if there’s no valet and bad parking (or difficult steps, for one of my relatives who has very poor vision), it really is a no-go, depending on who I’m w/…

4 Likes

I think twice about going to anyplace in hollywood due to parking issues. Unless i’m in the area for other reasons.

3 Likes

No, it does not.

Either street parking or valet.

1 Like

So they don’t have ‘handicapped parking’?

Handicap parking is a joke in SoCal, particularly in heavily congested/high demand parking areas. A large portion of handicap placards are either phony, issued under suspect circumstances or are abused by relatives/friends. Authorities have been cracking down but they have a long way to go.

3 Likes

Sorry - not catching on here. Seems you’re countering @nosh’s response with the same response?

No.

One does not need to park on the street or valet to dine at Bludso’s. Or use Uber, or Lyft, or (heaven forbid) those yellow things.

In addition to what @bulavinaka wrote, that would also require one to have a handicap hangtag. And, for unclear reasons to me, some people in family don’t want to get one, even if they have a very valid reason. But that nothing to do w/ food, so…

2 Likes

Motorcycle, bike, skates/blades, skateboard, walk, run, skip, moonwalk, TARDIS, public transport?

5 Likes

i prefer to be carried in a baby bjorn.

5 Likes

Oh, at first I was so excited b/c I had never heard of this thing called TARDIS and then I looked it up and, well,… :wink:

4 Likes

I think your wife calls it the HeyBoo Bjorn. Her poor back.

1 Like