Where should I go for my bday dinner?

Chauncey part time is what I was thinking. We do drive Mister Daisy though.

1 Like

I see why all the hoops and tangential wording.

When I finally got my driver’s license, my dad was only too happy to say, “Okay, now you get to drive grandpa everywhere when he visits!” ::sigh::

2 Likes

wtf is this bottom left?

https://foodtalkcentral.b-cdn.net//uploads/default/optimized/3X/b/7/b746556cebe23263ec72bffc946c54bb8d29ecc3_1_375x500.jpg

1 Like

rib tips, fam.

2 Likes

I’m failing to understand the grand issue of pulling up to Bludso’s and using their valet. If it’s a cost issue, then Bludso’s is ruled out way before the parking consideration. I wasn’t trying to offend anybody by point that out once it became clear that walking 2, 3 blocks is not an option.

Greenblatt’s is a cool spot with parking. Wine is quite cheap.

1 Like

These are rib tips??? Wow

1 Like

glad I’m not the only one…

lol… we all thought it was a bit odd… usually they look like https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vaFZSKTPooE/maxresdefault.jpg

The ones we buy (at Winco) look like this.

1 Like

Looked like jumbo marshmallows to me! LOL

Something … wonderful.

I appreciate you expanding on this. There’s some confusion on the part of the $ amount. $20 per was first tossed out there but not by the OP. The OP later specified $30-40 per. This definitely could work at Bludso’s.

Anyway, another point I try to keep in mind is the info given in these threads can be read by others. So any peripherals - like parking info - can be very useful for those who may consider this to be an issue.

Your points on parking are very valid - we do as you do - park a block or two away (sans dad - frenetic and him don’t match; watch the salt intake). But @nosh’s points are valid as well in that it helps draw a picture for potential eaters as to what to expect.

2 Likes

Again, re walking (sigh), I’ve walked a quarter to a half mile. No biggie. Build up the appetite :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Again, with all due respect, what you’re capable of doesn’t apply to everyone.

2 Likes

If you live in LA, complaining about parking is a bit like going to St. Louis in August and complaining about the humidity.

Actually, almost exactly.

1 Like

I believe, upthread, that I commented about disabilities. Barring that then walk.

ETA: I can also park and then take public transpo if I can’t take it all the way.

Wait since when does bludso’s bar and que sell rib tips? Is that a new addition or only available on the family combo plate? I went two weeks ago and rib tips were nowhere to be found.

i really should amend my statement. baby mcenroe is more my speed.

1 Like

People in St. Louis complain about the humidity in August. A lot, actually. :wink:

2 Likes