Where to buy quality wok?

http://m.sears.com/gasone-gas-one-new-portable-propane-200-000-btu/p-SPM9143712702

:scream: 200,000 BTU for $134!

But you amateurs still won’t be able to do this. Skip to 1:30 if you just want to see the goods.

6 Likes

We have that Joyce Chen wok from the article and love it. You might want to do some wrist strengthening exercises first though.

Just don’t make the mistake I did and get a cast iron wok. The thing is a monster and too cumbersome for wok frying imo.

Yea, no way.

And you know it’s legit, 'cause fortune cookies.

1 Like

Why don’t we have this in Los Angeles? We like street food.

1 Like

would highly recommend these outdoor propane options for those serious about wok cooking especially here in so cal with it’s mild winters. Here’s a pretty helpful review:

I’ve been wokking with a 150K BTU burner with a 16 inch carbon steel wok w/ wooden handle ( from wok shop SF) in my patio for the past 6 months almost daily and its been fantastic. I honestly use it at only 50% capacity and the wok hei from all my stir fries are restaurant quality and done in literally minutes.

While the built in wok option looks great, i just love doing it outdoors…don’t have to worry about ventilation/grease (lined my cooktop with stainless steel sheets).

2 Likes

Old school charcoal fire #backyardgoals

Surprisingly good “wok hei” explanation from Michelin What is...wok hei?

4 Likes

that’s great
what’s he making?

beef chowfun iirc

And, obviously, an important phone call.

1 Like

“Hello? Sergio? Hey man wassup? Bro, how do you make this thing with the beef and the noodles?”… “Yeah, well there’s these tourists filming me, so I gotta make it look good.”

6 Likes