Where to eat in SF?

I like Monsieur Benjamin a lot myself

I went to Seven Hills once and unfortunately it was just ok to me that one dinner visit. Not bad, but not spectacular for me.

The Progress is open on Sunday, as are Mourad as others have already suggested, Sons & Daughters, Campton Place, Keiko a Nob Hill (nice place but my last visit wasn’t as spot on, hopefully it was a one time thing), Spruce, A16 SF (and SPQR), Chapeau to name a few.

1 Like

Thanks @robert. Unfortunately not this Sunday.

How about a relaxed place for Sunday branch in San Francisco or Oakland?

Thanks @js76wisco. I’ll keep it in mind. Looking at Delfina, you’re talking about the restaurant right? Not the Pizzeria?

sushi yoshizumi

1 Like

What I heard about Angler is that the vegetable dishes are the star. Still haven’t been.

Zuni’s great in the old-school Chez Panisse way, sort of like Osteria Mozza or the late Campanile in LA. It’s one of my favorite places for birthday / anniversary celebrations.

1 Like

Cockscomb is doing prime rib the last Sunday of every month.

Cotogna also does a special Sunday supper.

1 Like

Thanks Robert. Yah, if I was going to Cotogna I wouldn’t want to do a limited Sunday supper (rather try their full menu), so maybe we’ll just do a lunch there or alternate day. Cockscomb wouldn’t work as our visit won’t be the last Sunday of the month. Thanks.

Thanks @beefnoguy! We’ve been to Progress before, but good to know. Mourad unfortunately we don’t have a large group (been wanting to try that large format dinner one of these days). I’ll look at the menu of those other places. Thanks.

Yes the restaurant not the pizzeria. The pizzeria is delicious as well but we have good neopolitan pizza in LA.

1 Like

Is Nopa not considered good anymore? Was it ever? I’ve always had a good meal there, and it’s open on Sunday for dinner, fwiw.

1 Like

Personally I’d go to Zuni over Nopa. Similar style.

2 Likes

Looking at Nopa’s current dessert menu, they have a Barhi date cake which sounds amazing. I love Barhi dates. Someone go try it so I can live vicariously through you. :grin:

2 Likes

How big is your party? If not too big, maybe consider Al’s Place.

2 Likes

Thanks @ipsedixit. :slight_smile: Looking over the menu, is it like eclectic Asian meets European? Or just a mishmash of cuisines? Tom Yum Nam Khon Sauce and Galangal, etc.

For Sunday it’d just be 2. You’d recommend Al’s over Uma Casa? Thanks.

Why?

Both are good. Al’s is a bit more adventurous (food forward?); where’s Uma Casa is more focused on one type of cuisine (Portuguese). Al’s is louder, and more frenetic; Uma Casa by comparison is a bit more homey (not that it is homey, just by comparison)

1 Like

So have you actually eaten at both? More than once?

Nopa is solid but to me the menu is also very safe.

1 Like

Agreed.