Where to eat in SF?

I think you can get out in about 1.5 hours, just let the server know you’re on a schedule.

1 Like

Don’t know for sure about GGB. Probably not as bad as later in the day, lunchtime, or weekends. 8 am is not necessarily an indicator that they open on time, or will have the goods start coming out.

1 Like

For LA comparison Salt N Straw is heads and shoulders above Bi-Rite. Neither of which are as good as Bulgarini, especially the pistacchio when in season. I went to Bi-Rite 2 nights in a row after eating at Tartine and Delfina which are across the street from Bi-Rite. Bi-Rite certainly has most people beat on unique and fun flavor combinations but the ice cream does not hold its temperature very well and not as creamy as Salt and Straw. I would opt for confections and pastries at places like B Patisserie. I think SF does baked goods very well and more options closer in vicinity than LA.

1 Like

I didn’t much care for the apps, salads, or sides, but Bobo’s steaks were some of the best I’ve ever had.

You have a concierge at your hotel and I go down the hall to the bathroom where we stay :slight_smile:

4 posts were split to a new topic: Any Must Visit Restaurants Near San Mateo?

Hi @PorkyBelly @BradFord @ipsedixit and all,

For B. Patisserie, are the must-try items still the Kouign Amann and Passionfruit Bostock? I was thinking that might be part of the visit if I can squeeze that in. :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried the bostock, but yes get a pair of kouigns, or 4.

1 Like

I’m drooling! :grin: Thanks.

Any great Breakfast (non-pastry) spots worth trying around SF?

I’m a fan of Plow.

Thanks @thechez5. :slight_smile: What do you recommend there?

I like the ricotta pancakes, the monkey bread, the fried egg sandwich. The potatoes that come with the sandwich and pancakes are really good, too.

1 Like

If F-Sun, then aina.

Otherwise, Mymy at Nob Hill.

1 Like

Never been for breakfast, but Plow does a simply wonderful wine dinner.

1 Like

Dragon beaux

2 Likes

Thanks @PorkyBelly. It’s definitely on my list! :slight_smile:

The only downer is that they seem to open closer to lunch (11:00 a.m.) on weekdays. So it’s the from same owners as Koi Palace? But better?

Oh I didn’t realize they open at 11 on weekdays, I would still try it out if you can.

Yeah, same owners of koi palace, have you been?

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Thanks. No, I’ve never been to Koi Palace. Given that, Dragon Beaux is still the better choice, right?

Thanks~

Yes, stick with dragon beaux.

1 Like