Where to eat in SF?

Any great Breakfast (non-pastry) spots worth trying around SF?

I’m a fan of Plow.

Thanks @thechez5. :slight_smile: What do you recommend there?

I like the ricotta pancakes, the monkey bread, the fried egg sandwich. The potatoes that come with the sandwich and pancakes are really good, too.

1 Like

If F-Sun, then aina.

Otherwise, Mymy at Nob Hill.

1 Like

Never been for breakfast, but Plow does a simply wonderful wine dinner.

1 Like

Dragon beaux

2 Likes

Thanks @PorkyBelly. It’s definitely on my list! :slight_smile:

The only downer is that they seem to open closer to lunch (11:00 a.m.) on weekdays. So it’s the from same owners as Koi Palace? But better?

Oh I didn’t realize they open at 11 on weekdays, I would still try it out if you can.

Yeah, same owners of koi palace, have you been?

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Thanks. No, I’ve never been to Koi Palace. Given that, Dragon Beaux is still the better choice, right?

Thanks~

Yes, stick with dragon beaux.

1 Like

RIP Hing Lung

Are you referring to the original spot in Chinatown that closed over a decade ago?

They reopened in Fremont, and recently launched another one in San Bruno. Sadly not really breakfast times in the new location (11am). I recall breakfast at King Tin eons ago though.

Chinatown. Haven’t been to SF in awhile.

It was perfect. My favorite jook to this day. Even better was afterwards I got a few egg tarts from Golden Gate Bakery to enjoy at Portsmouth Square. Still don’t understand how could a placed like that shut down.

Since this has expanded beyond downtown SF I’m throwing in la ciccia as a must visit for the baby octopus and the spicy spaghetti bottarga.

2 Likes

This topic was never focused on downtown SF. The original poster asked for restaurants within a 15-20 minute Uber ride of City Hall, which is virtually the whole city. I changed the title to reflect that.

1 Like

I have to get to LC .The bottarga pasta sounds sublime . I will most likely order a abundance . And call it a in house Bang Bang .

1 Like

Hi @robert,

Well please forgive my ignorance. I’m not sure what the neighborhoods are for SF, but I knew we were staying in Downtown SF. From Google Maps it looked reasonable enough to ask for restaurants in that general area, and I merely stated that a 15 - 20 minute car ride (taxi, Uber, etc.) was within our tolerance given itinerary (i.e., if places were 30 min - 1 hour+ away obviously that would be too far / time lost given our places we needed to be at).

Thanks.

You said “Near City Hall, within reasonable Uber distance (say, 15 - 20 minutes out),” which is a huge chunk of the city, so the recommendations people were giving didn’t really match the “City Hall / Downtown” title.

Got it. Thanks.