Where's kevin

Who is the bully here?

Unless you feel being called a “fucking baby” after all this other nonsense is a compliment, you broke the apparent rules with your post and deserve to be banned from the site.

1 Like

ipse,

i thought that was a very thoughtful and well written message. i personally dislike the profanity, ironic because i curse like a sailor in person but always found it annoying when overused on a food forum. that said, to each his own… would be great to have him back posting in whatever capacity, but if not, there’s enough other posters with substantive content that i’ll still find the site useful and entertaining.

2 Likes

It was a Kevin joke. It was what was said and everyone can form their own opinion of you and who should be banned. I think he would find it amusing, With you here I am happy to go. I am positive I know who Kevin would want out. and that aint no fucking joke.

Wow! I just found this thread and am rather surprised at the level of emotion raised by a lot of this. I was on CH for 10+ years and came here and HO when they started up. I don’t think I’d even been aware of kevin until I saw his posts here. If he was on CH I guess he was below my radar. I only became aware of him here because of his f-bombing, which stood out to me as I guess I’ve led a sheltered online board life. So this posts is really about the language thing, not about kevin.

I found the f-bombing very annoying and essentially inappropriate, but only said so in posts here. To be truthful, I spent less time here (to some degree) because of it and what the intense f-bombing seemed to inspire in others here. But that was my choice. I presume there’s an active group here that has ‘hung out’ together and is happy to have a place that is uncensored language-wise, at least to the f-bomb degree. I have to admit that a part of me is asking why anyone other than Robert gets to say anything about what language is used here. It’s his money and his board. For the board to be a ‘success’ though, it needs users, so the debate ensues.

Some of the ‘advice’ given here to people who are annoyed by the language is a bit odd to me. I should use language filter software? Really? I’d prefer to be told simply ‘go somewhere else if you don’t like it here!’ But who has a right to tell me that? If we conclude that this is a public space (or if Robert wants his board to be looked at that way), then telling me to ‘cover my ears’ or ‘go away’ is hard not to see as bullying. So is demanding that someone like kevin cut it out. But… explaining to him that there is a sentiment that he ‘dial it back’ and asking him to do so or explain why he has to speak that way just seems like a rational and fair way to deal with a difficult problem.

I guess I don’t see why one person’s right to f-bomb is any greater than someone else’s right to complain about him.Someone please help me understand.

Sincerely meant as off-topic: I’d really appreciate some links to a few of the really great posts that some of you have referred to which will help me get beyond my own feeling about kevin’s language if he comes back. I hope he does, but I’d still tend to avoid him unless I had a better sense of why I shouldn’t.

3 Likes

This is a decent representation of Kevin’s writing abilities and his passion for food, Midlife: Hagpop, no fucking joke?

2 Likes

Thanks for that link. Amazing! And not one expletive after the title. I’d really be intrigued if he chose to answer Ipse’s question.

1 Like

Merry Christmas Kevin. . .
Look forward to having you back on the board!
:santa::cocktail::gift::beers:

4 Likes

You’re welcome. It’s posts like that which help me see past the f-bombs. He’s articulate, truly appreciates the culture aspects, and finds wonderful places. I hope he comes back. We’re the poorer for not having Kevin’s contributions here, I think. At least I am.

3 Likes

Calling him out as a “fucking baby” because he did not cave to your demands and come back to take more grief and coinhabit a location where he’s being bullied is a joke?

Whether the mob agrees with you or not is not relevant. Your casual and pandering use of the word “fuck” now is kind of ironic though.

Cyber bullying is real whether you want to admit it or not.
A true friend would have stood up for Kevin–both his freedom to write what he wants, or not, neither of which are personal attacks or aggression, passive or otherwise.

1 Like

You clearly don’t get it. Nuff said.

2 Likes

As am I - I love the guy - and still I could not agree more with this post.

Of course he has the right to do whatever the fuck he wants.
But I miss his stuff here.

2 Likes

Thank you. By the way, not to run this into the ground but calling Kevin a “fucking” baby in a direct private email between him and me, was a “fucking” play on words and a joke between the two of us. That is how he took it and has confirmed that to me as well.

3 Likes

He was at Dan Tana’s for New Year’s Eave

and that aint no fucking joke!

5 Likes

I just dined with him at Yazawa a few weeks back. Alive and well.

4 Likes

Here’ s to my beloved Kevin. .:kiss:

Science Proves That Swearing Makes You F*cking Smarter. .

And that ain’t no f*cking joke!

As far as I can determine, kevin has a vocabulary of exactly one swear word. Is that a sign of anything?

2 Likes

That headline is totally misleading.

James Joyce used Kevin’s favorite swear word in his literary works, albeit judiciously.:wink:

1 Like

And man, did he use it brilliantly, IMO.
His style and prose were not of a man with a ninth grade education but one that probably scored a perfect SAT score.

I miss him and hope he comes back!

1 Like