Where's kevin

Nice again. Will you be ordering the Meatless Monday? :wink: If you get gnocchi put it on the dotm dumpling thread. No pressure or anything :slight_smile:.

Tuesday is the “non-committal wine dinner” which just means you don’t have to commit in advance. We’ve not done it before. Y’all consider gnocchi dumplings??? Now THAT’S interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops, you did write tomorrow.

Yes, I think someone brought it up and it was agreed.

That is seriously funny. So anything one can put sauce on is considered a dumpling? How about linguine? Just kidding.

1 Like

We gotta’ try to mix it up a bit. L.A. has a lot of great Asian dumplings, but pierogis and such are pretty elusive. And chicken & dumplings? Forget about it.

I grew up in Atlanta and Mother never fixed chicken and dumplings so yuck. But it IS kinda like gnocchi. I do feel like a dumpling should have a ‘filling.’ Silly me.

I grew up on the east coast, but my southern-esque :relaxed: mom made chicken & dumplings all the time. That was before the vegetarian period. I didn’t even know there was any other kind until we moved to L.A. Maybe if we had lived in N.Y. but… Not a lot of Asian dumplings on Cape Cod. I :heart: L.A.

Oh, gawd, I NEVER had a “dumpling” until I moved to SF in '76. And then I stumbled into a dim sum place and the manager, I’m guessing, helped me with choices. I went back to work and told my boss about this amazing meal I had. He was more than a little bit of a prick so was quite ho-hum about it. And 40 years later I am even more so of a fan. So off-topic but what isn’t on this thread? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s kinda’ hard to get in trouble by the topic police for going off-topic on a thread about a guy who doesn’t post anymore.

2 Likes

Yes, i wonder what that guy thinks of this “fucking” thread.

2 Likes

Hopefully nothing.

Hmm… why nothing ?

That’s true.

I’d be curious too,

Hey if you leave here, maybe we’ll have a thread about you too.

2 Likes

Just that hopefully he has better things to do.

Some might miss me and some will express their dislike of me :grin:. But nobody will get kevin level attention… no matter how much it irritates catholiver. Just kiddin’ cath :kissing_heart:.

1 Like

I would start a post and have your avatar on a milk carton cookie!

I miss that freaking tool Kevin SO much!!
I found his overuse of the F bomb, eloquent and witty…

IMHO, the guy should be working with the likes of the Coen brothers, Apatow and other comedic geniuses!
:tongue:

2 Likes

Im sure you’d get gut lots of attention too, who does not like cookies ?

Did you watch Cookie’s Fortune

1 Like

Yeah, he definitely should be write up those comedies.

Has anyone ever written a foul mouthed food movie ?

But he looks like he dropped “fucking” expletives even more than those guys.

1 Like