Whole Foods + Prime

what time should i come over?

4 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

Thanks for the update/reminder on WF/Prime. We shopped the Petaluma California store today, and will now add WF to our regular grocery shopping rotation.

Prices are competitive with Safeway, I’ll venture to say that the quality is a smidge better. Per @PorkyBelly, nice looking 10/20’s scallops at $12.99. Had to pass, as I had some scallops thawing in the fridge already.

Short ribs looked good, but the rack of Pork Spare Ribs was calling out to me. I had been buying WF Potassium for years, and picked some up. All in all, a nice small haul.

A buck/# off the Pork Ribs. -$0.95 off the Oatmeal cookies. Beautiful asparagus for $2.99/#. $0.49/# on bananas. All very reasonable.

5 Likes

wild 10/20 ct scallops on sale again this week but for 14.99/lb instead of 12.99/lb last month.

Good enough for me. Thank you!!

Organic Air-Chilled Whole Chicken on sale for $2.29 /lb. this week.
On the flip side, Rotisserie Chickens are $2 off…in case, you don’t want to cook.

1 Like

For the most part, the prime WF membership is absolutely useless. I always scan the card, but rarely happen to buy anything on sale. They’re posting more Prime savings signs everywhere to give the illusion that a lot of things are on sale, even in areas where nothing is on sale.

It works out well if I go specifically for the “big ticket” sale items. The short ribs for $5.99/lb. on sale before Easter was a great deal…and super delicious in my smoker. The St. Louis ribs for $3.99/lb. last week was also a great buy.

3 Likes

Agreed @attran99. If you go in with a set shipping list to WF you probably won’t save much. If you buy the sale items that week you will do well. I loaded up on ribs last week at $3.99/lb and froze a bunch. We also bought a few bottles of rose.

2 Likes

heads up y’all

1 Like

I will probably buy a pound of the nutritional yeast - and then make vegan spinach artichoke dip for months… : )

And then play on Amazon. Thank you!

35% off all ice cream and frozen novelties.

Already bought some ice cream sandwiches and pints. I need the WF ice cream sale to be over ASAP. I keep wandering down the aisle.

2 Likes

Because of National Ice Cream Day!

Short ribs available for $5.99/lb. this week.

5 Likes

Excellent hot dog ‘brioche’ for grilling, baseball, [insert]… season.

P.S slit is on the top of the bun, perfect configuration for a lobster roll

Hecho en Francia

Plus this

For the Scandinavian look

3 Likes

I dunno that it make sense to import brioche buns from France, but looks delicious. What’s the other sausage?

I initially thought it was based on a French recipe but made domestically, I thought it was surprisingly good. SO pointed out that it’s actually made in France.

What other sausage?

Been using these buns for a while. They are so good. WF has run out of them a bunch of times so we would sub the hamburger brioche buns and cut our hot dogs in quarters to fit the bun.

2 Likes

Two are red, like the Cream Co. dogs, and two are white.