Who's got the best Italian sub?

What are “the first words that came out of my mouth”?

1 Like

It looks heaven-sent. Fuzz.

1 Like

Holy hell that’s a tasty sandwich!!! I like a bit more simplicity when it comes to Italian subs, but as a sandwich generally, it’s now in my top 5 in LA for sure. Thanks for reminding me about this place.

Also tried their tuna below and it was fantastic. Really light/fresh.

This place is awesome. Super friendly owner and service to boot.

5 Likes

What did you like better, the italian or tuna? I’m debating whether or not I want to head over right now.

Italian. If I were in the mood for something lighter, it’d be the tuna though.

1 Like

About a year ago I covered their entire menu if you want a look at the various sandwiches:

1 Like

6 sandwiches by yourself, like a boss. BTW there’s actually 3 seats inside, but I don’t think 3 people can simultaneously sit down. This line summed up the larry mantle for me:

This is how Italian subs taste in your dreams.

They asked if I was a food critic lol

Yeah, seating inside is weird.

But wonderous sandwiches. The menu seemed small enough and interesting enough to just try all of them, couldn’t resist!

2 Likes

“I’m not a food critic, but I did post on FTC last night”

BTW for anyone reading this, if you’re doing a to-go order would highly suggest placing your order in advance. They were running 20 minute waits the day I went.

2 Likes

Wax Paper revisit. Ate 1.5 of these today. IMO if you’re not eating right away, best to take the sandwich out, press it, and then put it back in the box flat so the juices don’t mess up the bread.

A bit more aggressively seasoned than I remember but still excellent. Maybe 9.7/10 instead of 10/10.

7 Likes

Wax Co Italian is one of the best in the city. That sesame bread.

3 Likes

Is this the “Larry Mantle?”
looks great.

Sure is. I ate about $20 worth of Larry Mantles on Saturday.

2 Likes

The Gjusta Italian sub is fantastic. It’s also a good order on the weekends since it comes out of the kitchen very quickly.

2 Likes

good to know
hard to even imagine something coming out of that kitchen quickly on a weekend

Arrived Saturday around noon. Took about 30 minutes from the time I picked a number to ordering at the counter. Sandwich took about 10 minutes to come out.

Going alone on the weekends has its benefits bc there are a few 1 person tables outside and counter seating is easier to find. Terrible coming by yourself bc it severely limits the amount of food you’re able to order.

2 Likes

That’s not even 2 sandwiches. Are you on a diet or something?

Gjusta Italian Sub

6 Likes

When I was working in Culver City . I enjoyed the Italian sub at Sorrentos market . The pinched lady behind the meat cases would put some of their spread on the bread and make the sandwich . I think I payed like 2.25 for a half sandwich or less it was good . It was my lunch go to . Maybe not the best . But the best for a quick sub nearby .

3 Likes

Jersey Mike’s #13 holding it down. $8.25 well spent.

3 Likes