Your death row meal?

What if you were unjustly convicted?

2 Likes

Water.

Because I hear it’s hot in hell.

2 Likes

Good point. I’d hope that’s not the case.

…actually, I’d rather be unjustly convicted than be guilty of actually having committed something warranting a death row conviction. I wouldn’t want to have perpetrated something that terrible. Though, if I’m unjustly convicted, the actual guilty party would possibly still be free and pose a public danger…

I’d much rather not have to face either situation. This thread is quickly becoming complex, sorry!

In any event, if I knew the end was very near, for whatever reason, I’d probably just have a great drink with family and friends, then face the music.

Please excuse my basic taste in food.

1. Lamb biriyani from Zam Zam.
  2. Bo luc lac from Newport Seafood.
  3. Tebasaki chicken breast with rice and extra house dressing from Furaibo.
  4. Chicken karaage from Ikkousha.
  5. Tonkotsu ramen from Kotoya Palms.
  6. Hot lobster roll from Connie & Ted’s.
  7. Lamb neck tamales from Broken Spanish.
  8. Lamb shoulder from Chi Spacca.
5 Likes

I don’t really drink soda but I can appreciate this one.

Traded this off my list for the pastrami at Langers.

1 Like
  1. Fish taco from Ricky’s
  2. Crab curry from Luv2Eat
  3. Italian sandwich from Gjusta
  4. Lobster roll from Lobsta truck
  5. Some paneer dish from pretty much anywhere
  6. Short rib from any upscale Korean joint
  7. Chaumont croissant
  8. XLB from Jin Jiang
  9. Fan Tuan from Si Hai (but only half a roll b/c ain’t nobody got time for indigestion in Hell)
  10. Chawanmushi foie gras from Raku
  11. The multi-in-your mouth toro on my one trip to Sushi Zo
  12. A cheese plate
  13. Langer’s #19 b/c I do not think that cole slaw is gilding the lily
  14. Fresh taro shake from Old Country
  15. Partner’s homemade bolongnese
  16. Miso sesame dressing
  17. Beef roll

I’m sure I’ll come up w/ more… :smiley:

Edit: Oh, sh*t, just read the 8 item limit. Well, I’ll cut down later. :smiley:

4 Likes

I forgot these. It’s very hard to keep the list under 10-15

2 Likes

Hi @paranoidgarliclover,

Wait, where’s your beloved Black Sesame Desserts? :wink:

I was totally thinking about that when I wrote it! I was like, “I wonder if Chowseeker’s gonna ask me about that???”

My most beloved one is the store-bought frozen mochi. I don’t recall the brand. And, since it’s been like 10 yrs since I’ve had that, I feel like I should try it again b/f listing. Hee, hee.

Si Hai has a black sesame pastry which isn’t bad, but not something I’d write about on here.

1 Like

I worked as a deputy public defender most of my career. The idea that a condemned may choose anything for a final meal is a myth. Usually one is restricted to what can be prepared in a prison kitchen. After decades of fighting the system’s foibles and researching how many have been exonerated from death row, hard for me to see levity.

Not to be a wet blanket, I’d much rather we fantasize about theoretical last meals. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, that is a bit depressing. Perhaps we can instead plan our final grand meal a la Président Mitterrand.

Probably a mix of Dim Sum/Cantonese/Taiwanese/Cheeseburgers/Sushi/Mexican/

2 Likes

That dude knew how to party in his mouth.

A large bowl of cioppino, oysters, and a bottle of the finest red. Nebuchadnezzar size.

1 Like

Langer’s #44
Apple Pan Hickory Burger and Banana Cream Pie
Ricky’s Fish Tacos
Brent’s Black Pastrami Rueben
Gjusta Smoked fish plate
Howlin Ray’s Chicken Sandwich
Brent’s BBQ Smoked Cod
Wexler’s smoked salmon and sturgeon
Mozza’s Egg Ravilio
Sidecar Donuts Hot Butter & Salt Donut
Mozza butterscotch budino
and anything from Franklin BBQ

3 Likes

Really great cookie. Excellent gooey texture and love the salt with caramel/toffee.

My son ate most of the churro croissant. I only had a little bite but very good as well.

The s’mores cruffin was ok. The chocolate pudding inside was delicious. The cruffin itself felt a little dense.

3 Likes

Hi @paranoidgarliclover,

OK, you need to try the Sweet Black Sesame Puree at V P Tofu! (Remember to ask them to add some complimentary Coconut Milk.) Only $3.50 (enough for 2 people!). I think you’ll like it. :slight_smile:

Yep, I think that’s the intent.

Since I’m not in New England I pick Fried Clams and Lobster Rolls from Connie & Teds (or the lobsta’ truck).

Also, from a long closed Beverly Hills deli/coffee shop (Canon?) - Cold Roast Chicken w/Pâtés, Cheeses, Condiments, Breads & Pickled Things. If anyone can remember the name? It was back in the good old days when B.H. actually went dark on Saturdays.

:cheese: :bread: :urn:

Cheers, fellow PD