Your thoughts on adding a Veggie Burger to In and Out Menu?

My goal is to eat meat at least once a day.

Generally, I’m pretty successful.

Was that one of the things on your confession list? I’m still in shock about that list.

1 Like

That used to be my thing too. I ordered the meal that came with 2 small cheeseburgers. I don’t remember how much it was. That and the crispy chicken strips w/the buffalo hot sauce. I’d mix it with veganaise - I must have mayo with my chicken whenever possible. They actually tasted like real chicken. So of course they discontinued them :smirk:.

I had meat three times yesterday!

20% of “millennials” not having tried a Big Mac doesn’t mean they’re not eating beef.

We — or I anyway — were talking about McDs.

I didn’t read your post of the WSJ article. But what you wrote made me think… Maybe millennials aren’t eating McD’s burgers for the the same reason everyone else is starting to reject them. They suck. There are so many other burger options - Five Guy’s, Umami - we didn’t have at their age. Instead of gimmicks, maybe McD’s should improve the food or just go back to their basics. This is what happens when your menu is created in a boardroom.

That’s more or less what the financial press says. The McDonald’s brand is in trouble in general and the Big Mac in particular is no longer a big seller. Millennials are eating more fast food but at other chains such as Chipotle that have better food and more up-to-date messaging.

1 Like

Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills is somewhat of a restaurant row for the office workers who can’t lunch regularly at the Grille, Spago, etc. It has Cal Pizza Kitchen, Jersey Mike’s, Fridas, etc. A lot of BH High School kids hang out there. Chipotles’ line is out the door sometimes.

Funny… I think McD’s used to own Chipotle. Then the original owners were unhappy with what McD’s was doing with the business and bought it back. Or something like that.

McDonald’s at one point owned 87% of Chipotle’s stock but they sold it all in 2006.

1 Like

I’d be more concerned that 20% of millennials never had the beloved, tastiest Filet O’ Fish. .
Da :bomb:

2 Likes

Funny. I’ve been blabbing on FTC all morning and am now running late. Maybe I’ll get a filet o’ fish at the drive-thru to make up for lost time :smile:.

1 Like

We had one for the first time in years recently. It really is good.

1 Like

On further reflection I’m inclined to agree. It’s kinda like expecting KFC to offer fish. or “Chik’n”!

3 Likes

Look forward to trying new vegan drive-thru in Vegas, Vegeway…
Friends say their burger, kills it…
:hamburger:

1 Like

See now, that is a beautiful thing. My vedg sister would love it.

2 Likes