106 Seafood Underground (FTC Meetup): A Pictorial Essay

Me too and thank you @TheCookie and Alan for the wonderful tequila nightcap!

2 Likes

Great report, excellent photos. Wish I couldā€™ve been there!

4 Likes

@Nemroz also brought wine.

2 Likes

Thanks! Corrected thusly.

2 Likes

Please join us next time. If you havenā€™t met the group before my wife was impressed with the food, but more impressed with the people. A talented, accomplished, interesting and generous set of people whom I hope to spend more time with.

6 Likes

I am too much, as many will tell you. I went the very next day for a pre-arranged dinner at Coniā€™Seafood. Very nice but I have to say I think 106 Underground was just slightly better. I went back to 106U (again!) with some friends and a more modest collection of dishes (that still left me groaning full) came to <$25/ea! Such a deal. BTW Coni is not serving alcohol or allowing BYOB\corkage at present as they try to get some license renewed. I was asked about the bottles that I brought to our FTC event. For the geeks - It was an obscure wine from Jean-FranƧois Ganevat, called Mon Luc (My Luck). This is from the Jura region (as in Jurassic Park, France between Burgundy and Switzerland). It is a Pet Nat (PĆ©tillant-Naturel) sparkling RosĆ© made from mostly Pinot Gris of all things. Tiny production so you wonā€™t find it until next year. Not filtered (so a little cloudy), no added dosage (sugar), or CO2, or tweaked in any way. Biodynamic farming practices (probably without the mystic elements). Bottled before fermentation is finished so it has a little fizz. A really unusual sort of thing, but these Pet Nat are getting very chic now. I thought perfect for outdoor seafood\picnic and maybe a little spice.

8 Likes

I can attest it was a fantastic pairing with our meal. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

So jealous! I will do everything in my power not to miss the next one!

1 Like

I love Jura so much. I want to retire thereā€¦ next year

Bumping in 2021ā€¦ Is Sergioā€™s backyard up and running?

Iā€™m pretty sure Chef has been up and running for a while now. He was doing take out only for a bit but opened up his patio as soon as he could.

2 Likes

Any idea what his hours/days open are?

Iā€™d suggest contacting Chef via IG DM. That will get you the most up to date info.

1 Like

He always answers promtly

1 Like