2 friends are visiting for the weekend

The Impossistrami.

I would pass on Gracias Madre. The bar is fun, but the dining room is beyond noisy and the tables are on top of each other. Outside is beautiful, but dirty. Bird shit on the seats and floor. I walked out twice before ordering. First time because the patio was so dirty and second because of the noise and cramped quarters. This is not intended to be an inditment of the food or service. Crossroads and Plant Food & Wine are better veg choices for sure.

Off topic: VW owners unite! (I have a Sportwagen)

Yay! (I have a Chiron)

Where’s the love for Matzoh Brei:-) ?

2 Likes

Showoff.

1 Like

B*tch. :wink:

Lolz.

I had no idea the eGolf was out, but I couldn’t own an electric car with such little range unless I knew there were enough speed chargers in most of the places I go.

lol—good seasonal choice. I’ve never tried the matzoh brei @ Langers, but I’ve had it @ Canters in the wee hours after a night out (not recently). Tasty comfort food and an excellent alcohol absorber (although not as good as making it myself). The last time I got vegetables @ Langers was the old school “relish” tray as a side to the chopped liver.

1 Like

Been out for a while actually! For what it’s worth, I drive 45 miles each way to work and have had zero issues. Actually, it’s easier than having to figure out the best time on my commute to stop by Costco for gas.

Tonight’s update, by the way, was Night + Market

2 Likes

Agreed. This is ONE thing that is DEFINITELY made better home rather than out!! I feel the same about latkes and… hate to admit I love this… kasha.

1 Like

I just made and ate my first batch of matzoh brei this year (topped w/ sour cream)—yummy. I love kasha too (w/ varnishkes) and make a big batch a couple of times a year. I usually add browned onions to mine and sometimes sautéed mushrooms. My mother always served this as a side dish to roast beef or lamb and it’s great w/ the leftover roast and some meat gravy on top. I’m also a big fan of matzoh stuffing for turkey (or chicken).

1 Like

YUM! Me, too. Mushrooms and onions. And I sauté them in schmaltz that I freeze every time I make chicken soup.

1 Like