See other sources

n/a

27 Likes

Wow, you must’ve put a lot of work into this–such a great resource so thank you!!!

5 Likes

I remember seeing the 2018 edition.
Thanks for doing all the legwork!
I lived right behind St Anthony’s Croatian Church in 2018 and it was a wild ride. Lovely folks, awesome hanging out and drinking beer with the crowd. Very welcoming in my experience!
Went to Red Lion in 2012 and it was a blast. I think they had just one TV then and the entire patio was transfixed. Something special about everyone’s attention focused on one single point in the room. Super fun experience, but definitely pencil in a big block of time if you go.

4 Likes

Oh honey I worked my butt off on it. Thanxx so much for noticing, and acknowledging! :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Wanderlustre – You’re welcome, and thank you for saying you remembered the '18 edition! (There was a '19 too, for the women’s.) Thoughtful folks like you make it all worth it. :hugs:

The single TV you saw at The Red Lion in 2012 would have been outdoors in its beergarten. Its two indoor rooms have always had multiple TVs. I’ve been going to The Red Lion for decades. LA has a few new/modern German eateries, but IMHO it will take them at least 20 years to begin to acquire the “soul” of the oldies like The Red Lion.

5 Likes

Great work. I believe the chap will be airing the 11:00 games too.

3 Likes

Yes your old edition was awesome. I’m gonna go to one of these venues for a game this year.

We went to village idiot and joxer Daly for a game in 2018 and it was super fun.

2 Likes

Totally heartbroken. That history, delish Scandinavian food and the gorgeous vintage appliances. :sob:

P.S. Great work! Awesome itinerary!

6 Likes

(merged/deleted)

Thank you, PorkyBelly. For those of y’all who may not know, The Chap is a brand-new Britpub in Hollywood, on Cahuenga a couple doors north of Selma. The exterior is painted the same shade of green as British racing cars.

4 Likes

There was nowhere else in LA like it, Cookie. And it was such a good-hearted business. All that remains is its Facebook page. :cry:

2 Likes

Hi HHH! I remember you from 2018. I hope you’ve been well, and dining righteously! LMK (either on-board or off, doesn’t matter) which game you will be going to. I might be going to the same one.

3 Likes

I think Marsa at this point in time doesn’t have an interior and so it can’t show games. Just a heads up.

1 Like

Thanks for this listing, much appreciated. But you forgot Italy … oh … wait …

Never mind.

4 Likes

FIFY

Your lists for prior WC were so fun!

We’ll try to catch a few this tournament, too.

I wonder if the folks at Un Rinconcito Argentino will change their hours in support of their team.

Old World Village in Huntington Beach will also be playing the matches. They’ll have special reserved tables for $100 a table for all Germany matches.

3 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: EatTheWorld being a dick

Thanks for your post! We plan to go to Brussels Bistro! Belgian beers are yummy. Their beer list has all the great non-lambic Belgian beers except for Westvleteren, which I haven’t drunk in years.

Attended my first 2022 World Cup view-dine events today. I have colorful and lively field reports for you from the Netherlands experience and the Wales/USA experience. I’d intended to share these with you here at FTC, based on my original detailed list/post, but EattheWorldLA reared an ugly head with two malevolent replies to my post. I will post my field reports if EattheWorldLA’s two stanky posts are deleted. Ref. spinoff topic: EatTheWorld being a dick

2 Likes

Please share! The rude posts were taken down.

I’m disappointed in Team USA today.

1 Like

The first half was some of the best soccer the US has ever played. The second half was a disaster and unsurprisingly Berhalter did not seem to have any answers.

7 Likes