405 & 101 - Any Recommendations for Lunch / Dinner near Arclight Sherman Oaks?

I just read that 4 on 6 closed a few months ago! Too bad…

Whomp whomp

i dunno how their quality has held up over the years.

my main interest at itzik hagadol was their ARRAY OF SALADS.
(essentially a bottomless ayce proposition that came with certain main courses)

i don’t know if they have maintained the number of salads offered and the quality of those salads over the years.

(caveat, when i ordered the array, i always specified that they omit any salads made with mayonaise just because i’m not a fan of mayo.)

1 Like

I think I’ve been there w/i the past 6 mos. Array is salads is unchanged. I don’t think I ever went b/f the possible downhill alert, so hard to say if the quality has changed. I’ve certainly enjoyed the salads.

I like the place but haven’t eaten at places at Ta-eem Grill.

1 Like

exactly what jase said.

i’ve also had some good foie kabobs there in the past. the salad array and laffa would make for a great meal alone.

2 Likes

I drove by yesterday and they were open and busy.

+1 on the recommendation!!

Here is an Eater article on this place from last year.

3 Likes

As someone who liked Simon’s (which was in the spot before, run by the current chef’s father), I was prepared to be unimpressed. However, after a couple of dinners there, I must admit Mizlala is delicious. Fun small plates, the vegetable dishes are not an afterthought, good fresh warm bread with every meal… it’s delicious.

The Moroccan fried chicken and the lamb tagine (which is left from Simon’s menu) are wonderful, and the vegetable dishes have all been great so far.

4 Likes

We keep meaning to get those. But they wouldn’t hold up well for lunches and we usually save room for the salads and bread. Will have to try it now that you’ve said it’s good. Maybe split one order of that, get a double skewer order of the meats and save that for lunches.

I really love Mizlala. Highly recommend.

2 Likes