800 Degrees...If you can't stand the heat then

@paranoidgarliclover, same for me at the Monarch Beach location. They make a turkey sandwich (no longer on menu, but you can still order) that is their fresh roasted turkey, brie and cranberry mayo that is heaven. I think it’s called the French Turkey.

I will say definitely the margherita I got a last week was a far cry from the margherita I got when the WW branch first opened, and when compared to the margherita I got from Pizza Bianco, 800’ in comparison truly felt D league.

But hey, I spent > $20 on that one margherita from Bianco - that’s 4 POTD’s.

Dove Pizzeria Bianco? Grazzie!

I think this is what you’re asking me

2 Likes

So the really good pizza you had was in a different state (just to make sure we’re all on the same page)?

My current benchmark for a margherita pizza is in AZ, yes.

3 Likes

Oh - them. I had their stuff at Alex’s Lemonade stand. Was great.

2 Likes

I would imagine Pizzeria Bianco makes a lot of other places seem D-League LOL

Loved it the times I’ve been out in AZ (only reason I was there).

Not to get too off topic, but another great AZ contender is Pizzicletta in Flagstaff. A true labor of love.

1 Like

Bianco is the Pope of Pizza …Phoenix, Az! Long live Chris Bianco!

1 Like

Caleb, of Pizzicleta, kept everyone abreast of his progress in building his pizzeria through the old “Slice” web site! a labor of love, indeed!

Can’t speak to Westwood, but Pasadena seems fine. And busy.

My opinion is this restaurant is average. It’s closer to CPK than something worth discussing on this board.

CPK doesn’t have a $5 POTD therefore 800’ is superior.

3 Likes

The frozen CPK pizzas from the market taste better than in the actual restaurant.

Could not agree more.

Me three. They have the right idea but lack the skilled and experienced pizzaiolos to pull it off.

2 Likes

Price is a very large factor for many on the board I believe. All anyone eats is the $5 POTD from this place.

1 Like

The chain was sold, wasn’t it?

I’m a believer; had the Instagram special today at the Westwood location.

Well made, no sloppy dough syndrome. $5.45!!