800 degrees POTD now $5

Nooo!!!:cry:

(Um, I mean no to pizza of the day going up in price, not the improving economy…)

On the plus side, it still tastes good.

Mcmichael -

Here’s what they posted on August 3rd -

“800 Degrees Familia: We have some somber news. Just a week ago was the 2 year anniversary of the POTD, making an incredibly successful 2nd year for all pizza lovers. Unfortunately, its great success has lead to noticeable changes in our profits, so we must take action. Starting this Monday 8/8, the pizza of the day will be $6.99. We will be still posting Mon - Fri, and hope you can all find it in you to understand. #thanksforthelove #2years600combos #DMuswithanyquestions

Well, $6.99 still seems pretty darn cheap for what you get.

Went to the SM branch yesterday for dinner (no, we didn’t get the PoTD). Quality control seems better. The crust was nicely blacked and blistered in spots. The toppings were put on w/ more care. The salad did not look as if someone had literally simply tossed on the ingredients. Hope the improved quality lasts!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, HB. Apparently I had one of the last $5 POTDs last month.

Is it still their same crappy pizza?

1 Like

yes, YMMV on ‘crappy’ but they haven’t changed anything significantly but I suspect you new that.