99 Ranch Delivery - Heads Up

Been fighting the flu for the past few days and lack the energy to go grocery shopping so I gave Amazon’s PRIME NOW app a shot. If you’re willing to put up with a 2-hour delivery window, people on the Eastside (let’s save the geographical, nomenclature discussions for another time, m’okay?) can have Sprouts, 99 Ranch and others delivered for no charge. You can also track the delivery truck via mapping similar to Uber, which takes some of the sting out of the 2-hour window.

I’m guessing the selection of businesses work via geolocation. I’m in Silver Lake and had a choice between Sprouts, 99 Ranch, Sprinkles cupcakes and Amazon’s own grocery warehouse.

Definitely location based. Here in Burbank/NoHo my options are terrible.

I haven’t tried Prime Now, but I did try Instacart once when I was sick and REALLY didn’t feel like leaving the house.

It’s also location based, but the first delivery is FREE. From Glendale, I could get Von’s, Gelson’s, Costco, and several others.

I wouldn’t like to make a habit of it, but if I’m in the middle of a horrible flu or something? Sure…

Awesome. Good to know that now those 3 pounds of LIVE ridgeback prawn will swim right to my doorstep.