A Chef-Driven, Neighborhood Pastrami Stand - Johnny's West Adams (+ Impromptu Pastrami Battle! Langer's vs. Johnny's vs. Brent's Deli vs. Ugly Drum) [Thoughts + Pics]

Same here!

2 Likes

Jesus, am I the last person in the world to get the joke?

:bulb:
:grimacing:

Ah ha!!!

2 Likes

@Jase it’s happening

4 Likes

Nope. I don’t get it either.

2 Likes

Origin here, I think:

3 Likes

prob not really worth tracking down and reconstructing what is just a humorous, hyperbolic jab at @moonboy403 's innocent contribution to the sudden self - Exile of @Chowseeker1999

7 Likes

Okay, just call me Annie Hall. I like ketchup on hot dogs and mayo & mustard on my chopped liver sandwich. But then again I’ll eat mayo on just about anything.

5 Likes

Ditto!!!

3 Likes

I was in Jaws and our house was the funeral parlour. :grimacing:

4 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

You will soon enough, if you don’t already. While you were off having a life there was a major shakeup on FTC.

1 Like

@moonboy403 was definitely the kiss of death for @Chowseeker1999

4 Likes

Where have I heard that before? :shushing_face:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Funny reading an old thread.

Butter CANNOT be traditional because butter in the matzo ball and chicken in the soup isn’t kosher. Can’t mix meat and dairy.

Trying to, but cannot think of any traditional Jewish food where the recipe calls for mixing meat and dairy.

My mom would fry blintzes in butter, but kreplach would be fried in schmaltz or oil.

3 Likes

I’m upset I missed that ugly drum pop-up!

1 Like

The root of that is that “thou shalt not seethe a kid in its mother’s milk,” so it doesn’t apply to chickens any more than it does to fish. Not that that stops rabbis from arguing about it.

1 Like

Yeah, I know where it comes from.

But all the kosher keepers I knew put foul in the same category, right or not. Right, but not fish.

Why granny had the schmaltz for use instead of butter and why grandpa spread it on bread instead of butter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (probably was just to save money and they lied to me)

3 Likes

Freshly made schmaltz is really delicious. Especially if it is finished with onions.
I can see see spreading it on bread…

3 Likes

100%! Made onion jam with schmaltz and it’s heavenly on some fresh hot toast.

4 Likes