A Chef-Driven, Neighborhood Pastrami Stand - Johnny's West Adams (+ Impromptu Pastrami Battle! Langer's vs. Johnny's vs. Brent's Deli vs. Ugly Drum) [Thoughts + Pics]

I was standing next to a waiter at Langer’s as he took a phone order – the customer ordered pastrami on rye with mayo, and the waiter didn’t even flinch. After he got off the phone I gave him a look of disbelief, and he just shrugged.

3 Likes

What happened to this person?

AFAIK, no one knows what happened to Servorg. He never made the leap to FTC.

Still biking around town i assume. One of my favorite posters in the CH days. He quit before the mass exodus. I assume he hasn’t found us (does anyone know him off board?) or maybe he knows we’re here and doesn’t want to do food talk anymore

1 Like

I blame @moonboy403

6 Likes

It’s all ball bearings.

If anyone knew him, they kept it to themselves. We tried “hard” (there wasn’t much trying to be done since he didn’t leave much to track) to find him when we made the transition.

4 Likes

Is their liver more like pate?

I was gifted my grandmothers hand-crank grinder (the large, heavy metal type that you thumb-screw onto your kitchen counter/work surface). I don’t know if I have the various disks for the size of the grind or not. I haven’t used it yet-- looks a tad rusty and I’ll probably need to clean/condition it in order to use it. My grandmother would also hand chop her liver sometimes in a wooden bowl— that always tasted the best imo.

2 Likes

no— definitely chopped liver, just on the smoother side. I view pate as being pressed into a mold or form/shape to solidify as a mass whereas chopped liver is more freeform and has looser texture. both are spreadable

3 Likes

LOL! Damn, I hope for moonboy403’s sake this chowseeker incident doesn’t turn into another running FTC sergio inside joke.

Haha. So far it’s only @Ns1 and I know he likes to play around. All in good fun!

1 Like

So far

8 Likes

Cue Jaws theme

1 Like

Stupid voice to text.

C-O-A-R-S-E

1 Like

Genius! you use voice to text to post! I’ve never thought about that, I’ll have to try it sometime.

2 Likes

I must be missing something…

1 Like

I hope you are being facetious LOL

(I was embarrassed by the typo)

1 Like

No I am totally not being facetious I still type on mobile im a Luddite.

6 Likes