A Chip Off The Old Block - The Legacy of (Langer's) Pastrami at Daughter's Deli [Thoughts + Pics]

duplicate

14 Likes

Guilty as charged. :smiley:

Multiple visits makes your content so great to read.

3 Likes

First time I’ve seen anyone order steamed broccoli. :sob:

3 Likes

@Chowseeker1999 quite a feat! I usually need to take a minimum 1 month break between pastrami sandwhiches.

2 Likes

Thanks @J_L. :slight_smile: Yah, if I worked nearby, I wouldn’t mind having Daughter’s Deli be part of a regular lunch rotation, definitely very good.

1 Like

I’m curious, if both places are getting the exact same pastrami from the same supplier, not making their own, what are they doing differently other than the way they cut and or heat it up? Are they adding their own individual seasonings to it once they get it? Or is the method of warming / slicing affecting the seasoning?

Oh it could be a lot of things to the exact cutting of the meat to the spicing to the cooking. George’s burger stand also uses the langers supplier for a leaner more “Hat” style of Pastrami. It’s absolutely delicious, tender and juicy. But in a very different way…

1 Like

An owner works with the commercial kitchen, providing specs to get the proper seasoning, cuts of meat and cooking method. They can go back and forth a few times until the owner is happy with the final product. This becomes a proprietary recipe, available only for that particular restaurant.

3 Likes

OK @Dommy and @Bookwich. Thank you. so it’s not they’re buying the same pastrami, they are getting it from the same source who apparently has many different types of cuts and preparation methods.

“Now you can bring the quality of RC Provision to your menu with our family of fine pastrami products. We offer a wide variety of cuts and preparations from which to choose. ”

Ok. The way it was being described it sounded like they were all buying the exact same pastrami but it was coming out differently at different places. This clarifies things.

1 Like

Yeah my local deli proudly stocks RC but their pastrami looks nothing like Langer’s.

2 Likes