A Good Place for a Celebratory Dinner

A friend from out of town and I are looking to have a fancy celebratory dinner and possibly also lunch. We’d like excellent food and an elegant atmosphere where other people will be dressed up too. Budget goes up to $150 each for dinner. We’d prefer Westside/Beverly Hills, but are open to anywhere.

When I started thinking of restaurants I realized that everywhere that came to mind was the place to be a long time ago (Spago, Patina, Chinois, etc) so what would be a good place to go now? Or are the oldies still the best?

(Yes, it’s the same friend from the other post, the one who likes ube ice cream.)

Providence is always great. I love it for celebratory meals.

5 Likes

Providence
Cut
Hinoki & the bird
Redbird
Osteria mozza
Nomad

3 Likes

How big will this party be?

Providence might be a tad north of $150 per person for dinner FYI…

Just two of us.

Personally I think Spago is still pretty special Chef Tetsu is very good

Hotel Bel-Air
Redbird
Tesse

Nomad’s food just doesn’t wow. Skip.

AOC by the goddess

2 Likes

Agree w/ Redbird and AOC (I haven’t been to many of the other suggestions). The food at AOC is more to my taste, but both would be very appropriate (and romantic, if that’s part of the celebration).

If you are looking for fancy, elegant Little Door is very good. Mastroes is always fun for a celebration. Dressed up in LA can be nice jeans just about anywhere.

I don’t know how good the food is currently, but Cicada, in DTLA certainly has the special feel you might be looking for.

Thank you, everyone! Lots of places to contemplate…

It’s not a romantic occasion. We’re celebrating a business success.

It’s been months (maybe a year) since I went to the reinvented Wilshire Restaurant, and the food is (was?) quite rich, but that would also be a good choice. If you go to B Sweet for ube, it’s an easy drive…

Consider yourself lucky.

#IgnoranceIsBliss

Dan Tana’s is a great place to celebrate a business success. Great drinks and vibe. Fantastic steaks and lamp chops.

2 Likes