A Hong Kong Michelin-Starred Export Arrives in So Cal - Tim Ho Wan (Irvine) Grand Opening [Thoughts + Pics]

Sold an empire. To a Singaporean conglomerate. The quality of the international branches is nowhere near that of the original restaurant in its day.

1 Like

Over 300 people in line earlier this morning.

Did you happen to drive by or perhaps you dined there?

Family members were hoping to dine there but when advance party got there 300 were already in line.

Wow. Thanks for the update. Definitely not worth that line.

i really liked my quick meal at the hong kong central location in december. and that was as someone who went in expecting to find it overrated. everything i ate was better than any version i’ve had at sea harbour or elite, and those buns exceeded my expectations.

Everything you had, appearance wise looked much better than Irvine’s items. Especially the BBQ pork buns, it doesn’t even look like the same restaurant.

1 Like

yes, i’m pushing back against the view being expressed above that even in hong kong tim ho wan is not worth a visit. i think that’s wrong. yes, there are better dim sum places but it’s also better than some bigger, longer established places (maxim’s). at its price point it’s probably hard to beat. and i didn’t even eat at their premier locations.

2 Likes

+1

Ahhh… I see.

+1