A Japanese Curry Journey - From Americanized to Wonderful - Champion's Curry, Curryfornia, Akane Chaya, Kagura, Sagami, Daichan and Tanakaya, Foo Foo Tei, Midoh (Bonus: Pearl River Deli and Gjelina?!) [Thoughts + Pics]

@TheCookie is right (which should surprise no one!) - if you scroll to the top, where @Chowseeker1999’s original post was, it now says “duplicate” and nothing else.

1 Like

Most of his posts are deleted now, he’s gone.

3 Likes

Drama!

1 Like

WTF?

4 Likes

This is really disconcerting. They are a needed voice and their posts are epic: I learn so damn much and guess I’m not the only one.

Crap.

6 Likes

That sucks.

I know no one likes to feel attacked, but i thought the discussion was respectful. Maybe I missed something?

7 Likes

What happened?

I agree, I thought the conversation was fine. I doubt he left because of that. Probably some big time place offered him money to write reviews for them and he had to delete all his posts. (No idea if this is true, I’m just being a gossip)

4 Likes

They should, i would rather hope that is the case Gossip away!

1 Like

I never really understood why Tragedy + Time = Comedy.
Who has the time to wait? So I will jump right in.

This probably will not help to convince our greatest poster to return to bloviating here, but the chuckles may help us deal with the pain of separation. And please don’t get me wrong - I LOVE and will deeply miss @Chowseeker1999 ‘s contributions (if they do leave permanently).
We’ve “lost” some great ones over the years @kevin, @bulavinaka, @ipsedixit etc, and now, apparently, @Chowseeker1999
[LOST is in quotes because, while the dearly departed clearly do depart, they appear to tenaciously retain their account names - for lurking or, perhaps, a most-hoped-for future return :grinning:]

My favorite line of the whole debate

The Chowseeker Manifesto

1: I am not - and never was - Exile Kiss

2: Brevity is NOT the soul of wit

3: Thick skin is for elephants, critics’ skin must be diaphanous; self deprecation is the road to ruin.

4: The post may be greater then the poster

5: (feel free to add)

13 Likes

Welcome back!

4 Likes

Thank you, @CiaoBob, for so eloquently stating what should to be said. I will miss our friend, @Chowseeker1999, too.

5 Likes

ipsedixit! Now that I think about it, if you didn’t weigh-in on this one I’d start to think you weren’t a human.

4 Likes

I love this guy.

5 Likes

@CiaoBob WORD!

BTW - Patreon doesn’t allow deletion of accounts - I know ‘cuz I tried several years ago (I even asked the owner of this site). However, Chowseeker and a few others PM’d and convinced me to stay.

Call me clueless, but I always assumed @Chowseeker1999 was a “she” because of all the :heart_eyes: :heart: emoji and the guarantee of a “feel good” read. I am heartbroken :broken_heart: but also hoping CS is just on an unintended [edit] sabbatical.

It’s getting really hot :fire: :fire: :fire: this week so I hope FTCers stay cool and our resident “hotheads” should stick their :angry: in the freezer for 5 secs before logging in and posting.

PS: I think if @ipsedixit had still been a designated moderator, things could’ve been salved publicly and privately with both parties. Oh well, now we’ll never know. shrugs

9 Likes

Yeah @moonboy403 look at what you’ve done.

:japanese_goblin::scream::joy:

7 Likes

canada?

3 Likes

Thanks FSB (and others).

I used the pronoun “they” as a concession to the zeitgeist, but (though we have never met IRL) I am quite sure CS is male.

6 Likes

Heh. I’ll gladly be the fall guy here. :wink:

3 Likes

Off-topic trivia: FWIW, elephants actually have remarkably sensitive skin.
#I’llTake’Pachyderms’For$800Alex

2 Likes