A16 Rockridge

Happened to walk by yesterday just as they were opening for happy hour (5-6:30?), which I wasn’t aware of. Wine by the glass and cocktails $6-7 and they throw in a little dish of free snacks. Fried olives $4, a few other appetizers $6. The antipasto of the day was one small salt cod fritter (I’d have ordered a plate of those if they were available), half a dozen tiny roasted carrot seedlings with honey and pollen, and a small helping of a complicated salad including beet, gala apple, pomegranate, radicchio, pepper, onion, thyme, sheep’s milk yogurt, good value for $6.

We decided to stay for dinner. Frittatine were basically deep-fried macaroni and cheese balls, fun,a bit expensive at $10 for four little pieces but they were pretty filling so I’m glad there weren’t more. Rachetta pizza ($19) was good as usual, the ricotta-filled “handle” makes it like two dishes in one. Rabbit sausage ($28) was tasty and a good-sized portion. Drank a glass of exceptional 2004 Di Prisco Taurasi and a bottle of SP68 bianco that went well with everything.

The dinner menu no longer has a pasta section. There were a couple of baked pasta dishes among the secondi but it looks like they’re not cooking pasta to order any more. I’m kind of sad about that since that was my favorite part of the menu.

1 Like