Ad Hoc Fried Chicken at Bouchon Every Monday Now

So they changed their Ad Hoc fried chicken night to every Monday now.

Not a bad deal at $44 pp. It comes as basically an entire chicken (2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 legs, 2 thighs) biscuits and gravy, haricot verts, and mac n cheese. Sides were decent. Fried chicken was very good but the crust was a touch thick. We got a decent portion but a noticed the table next to us getting a smaller portion. So I would say it’s a good deal for our portion, not so much for the table next to ours.

4 Likes

Thanks @Porthos. Yah the crust does look thick in those pics.

How does this fried chicken compare with Flossie’s?

Never been to Flossie’s but the fried chicken at Ikkousha is juicier, crispier, and about 1/4 the cost if you assume 4 Ikkousha portions makes up 1 Bouchon order. The fried chicken at Kingchops is probably better too.

2 Likes

Ouch.

1 Like

Honey Kettle :thumbsup:

We went a couple of months ago. Ours came with Cheesy Grits, Collard Greens and Cornbread. I like cornbread, but biscuits and gravy are on my last meal on earth list. How were they?

It was one of those surreal, six degrees of L.A. kind of nights. I had just watched Sang Yoon on an episode of Top Chef. Then, there he was next to us with a big group having a great time at Bouchon.

2 Likes

Oh sweet. I’ve been wanting to try Honey Kettle. There is not a lot of good FC in L.A.

Biscuits and gravy were okay. Biscuits were good but huge and not enough gravy for my tastes.

Speaking of food related star sightings I saw this guy outside Bouchon Bakery as I walked in:

The fried chicken at The Brentwood is very good.

2 Likes

There might be a Baroo/Night+Market fried chicken pop-up soon…

Too bad about the Biscuits & Gravy. Our sides were just “decent” as well. The Cheesy Grits were more like a cheese sauce with a little grits added. But still a fan of Thomas Keller! He’s one of the few celeb chefs who actually spends time in his restaurants.

That was a cool celeb sighting. I’ve been meaning to check out the movie Burnt - will look for Daniel Bruhl.

Very cool. I hope it happens.

RIP Flossie’s

3 Likes

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

They allowed you to split? They wouldn’t let us, last time…

No. That was 2 orders for 2 people.